PDA

View Full Version : HELP! my system's sound is hanging in the BALANCED lol CD8053 w/ xtant 604x

2004alpinewhite
01-05-2008, 02:24 AM
I have an eclipse cd8053.. It has the option to go to a balanced output.. I also have the xtant 604x and 603x.. Both accept balanced inputs.. So my question is this.. Is it possible to use the balanced line from the eclipse hu straight into the amp? Or is the balanced converter required? I also have an audiocontrol DQS equalizer.. So my question is also this.. Would I be better off just using one set of my rcas and run it through the DQS? I am unable to find the balanced line adapter anywhere.. If anyone has one, please let me buy it! haha

EDIT: **** posted in wrong section, lol

JimJ
01-05-2008, 02:26 AM
Shouldn't need the converter.

Do the Xtants have XLR inputs? Pro audio shops usually stock RCA-to-XLR plug adapters...

2004alpinewhite
01-05-2008, 03:31 AM
Shouldn't need the converter.

Do the Xtants have XLR inputs? Pro audio shops usually stock RCA-to-XLR plug adapters...

I really dont know what the deal is with it? It doesnt say what the input is.. If just says either to defeat or enable the balanced signal.. Its definately not XLR though.. Does it just mean floating rather than "balanced"? Cause it it truly accepts balanced inputs, then it would need two positive signals...