PDA

View Full Version : help after 9887 install

Jonathan0702
01-03-2008, 03:38 AM
had my 9887 installed couple days ago along with my components...

playing around today for the first time with the new HU, i came accross not being able to turn on the multieq setting. without multieq i cannot adjust the bass and treble setting if i read correctly

Can anyone help me with this

thanks in advance
jonathan

mikey7182
01-03-2008, 03:51 AM
As far as I know, MultEQ only works with IMPRINT. However, you can adjust a lot more than just the bass and treble without it. If you push the A.Sel button which is under the volume knob (just by the MultEQ button), you will have the option to adjust multiple frequencies using the Parametric EQ. You also have the option of going deeper into the settings and changing the Parametric EQ option to Graphic EQ.

Jonathan0702
01-03-2008, 03:55 AM
thanks for quick response!

if that is the case though... how am i able to adjust the normal settings of bass and treble for my speakers...
obviously by pressing the nob i can get the fade balance sub stuff but i cant just do the basics?

nismos14
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
No basics. Go into the setup screen, go into audio, and select the eq menu, put it on PEQ.

Then go to A. Sel and put it on parametric eq, the music will pause for a sec, then cycle through the bands using the source button and adjust the freq's as you go, the first 2 will mostly adjust your bass/midbass and the last two will be more geared towards treble. They can be adjust lower and higher within reason and within 4 steps of each other as well, when using the folder adjust arrows.

After you get it to where you like, you can store these settings by pressing and holding 1/2/3/4/5/or 6 until it saves.

mikey7182
01-03-2008, 03:09 PM
As far as I know, there is no simple Bass/Treble adjustment on the deck because those are usually reserved for lower end decks. The Bass will be at 200HZ or whatever, and the treble will be at 2.5kHz or something along those lines. This doesn't really give you the option to fine tune much. You can try adjusting Band 1 or Band 2 on your Parametric EQ for the "Bass" and Band 5 or Band 6 for your "Treble" and leave everything else flat and see how you like it as that will have a similar effect as the more simple Bass/Treble adjustments. Chances are though that you will get better sound either leaving the EQ flat as that will more accurately represent the original music, or fine-tuning all the bands of the EQ to overcome the inaccuracies your cars' acoustics cause. This is what IMPRINT was designed for... maybe head down to a local Alpine dealer and see if they have the IMPRINT unit and see if they will run setup in your car for you. They may charge but it will be worth it.

Mike

whitemax
01-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Using the Imprint will allow you to use the bass and treble settings. Leaving the user some degree of tweaking for personal taste.

With the EQ, experiment some and see what sounds best in you car. Remember that it is better to cut than to boost when possible. Having the EQ flat does not always give you the best sound as the final outcome may possibly not be that way. There are plenty of surfaces in the car that can cause peaks and some dips in your response. I usually try to find the offending frequencies and tame them down a bit.

Jonathan0702
01-04-2008, 02:36 AM
thanks guys those explanations really help!
im gona be spending a lot of time in the car figuring this all out but its worth it!!

jonathan

Deenice21
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
bump , is the 9886 like that???? (meaning can adjust bass and treble without imprint???)

thanks. im trying to decide between the 9886 and 9887.

R05Nismo
01-14-2008, 10:46 PM
bump , is the 9886 like that???? (meaning can adjust bass and treble without imprint???)

thanks. im trying to decide between the 9886 and 9887.

I'm trying to decide the samething and have the same question.

mikey7182
01-15-2008, 01:13 AM
On the 9886, without IMPRINT, you can only adjust Treble and Bass Center frequency, but they are somewhat adjustable. You only have access to a 5 band Parametric/7 band Graphic EQ if you have the IMPRINT hooked up. The 9887 gives you the EQs without IMPRINT. Same with the Time Correction feature. MIght as well get the 9887 for $100 more, since the IMPRINT will cost you $50 to rent from Crutchfield or $200 to buy...

Deenice21
01-15-2008, 07:03 PM
they are the same price at sonicslectronics 299 each. so it wasnt really a price thing, but the 9887 my local shop prob has the imprint i can use