PDA

View Full Version : W205 + H701 + iPod....Sound from CD's but not from iPod?? Help please!

Ge|atinousFury
01-02-2008, 02:45 PM
-I've just installed a W205 + H701 combo and I have my iPod connected to the W205
-The W205 recognizes the iPod just fine and I can navigate through my songs, etc.
-I can put in a CD and the sound works fine. However, when I swap the source to iPod the sound stops.

I'm kind of stumped....I know the optical cable is fine because sound works with CD's. I know the iPod cable works fine because I can navigate around in my iPod from the W205.

I'm thinking this is some type of settings issue....if anyone can help I'd REALLY appreciate it!!

Ge|atinousFury
01-02-2008, 06:21 PM
-I've just installed a W205 + H701 combo and I have my iPod connected to the W205
-The W205 recognizes the iPod just fine and I can navigate through my songs, etc.
-I can put in a CD and the sound works fine. However, when I swap the source to iPod the sound stops.

I'm kind of stumped....I know the optical cable is fine because sound works with CD's. I know the iPod cable works fine because I can navigate around in my iPod from the W205.

I'm thinking this is some type of settings issue....if anyone can help I'd REALLY appreciate it!!

I called Alpine tech support and the guy I spoke to said all the analog sound was carried through the Ai-Net cable while the optical cable carried the digital signals. So that let me know that I didn't have to go back and add RCA cables to handle iPod audio. Also, since I didn't have FM sound or iPod sound, that meant there was something up with the Ai-Net cable. I went back and checked it out and I had plugged it into the wrong Ai-Net outlet on the H701 (the one labeled "cd changer").

Problem solved :)