PDA

View Full Version : ? on port size

ikpthegame
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
hi im going to be making a box for a kicker 12" l7 and the internal vol will be 1.846. The box it self will be 15"h x 33"w x 9"d. I know it will need to have a bend in it so thats why im asking. im not sure how to handle a port with a bend it in. also what should i tune it to? thanks for any help.

budget76
01-02-2008, 03:44 PM
That's a little small for a 12'' l7 ported. They like to have a lot of air to push. If that's all you've got to work with, I may try sealed, then if i'm really not happy, try ported. It sounds like you've got a bunch to learn about box building. Hell, I know NOTHING compared to many on here. i'm good at following plans, but know **** for designing.

If anything, pay someone to make you the plans. I'm sure others will chime in. Google relief cuts for the bend, what i've been doing for storage boxes i've made.

ikpthegame
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
well ive had one in that size box before and if i remember it did not sound to bad. i was asking cause i did not make that box so i was just asking. i only have a little room to work with since its going in a wrx and i have a kid and need to carry stuff sometimes.

budget76
01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I hear ya on the space crunch. Tried to get my mom a sub setup in her z3, but the combo of it being a sealed off trunk since it's a convert and it being tiny cancelled that one.

I'd get you max specs, I think you listed, then paypal someone a couple bucks and have them design you a box.