PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a box like this..need some insight

e22s
01-01-2008, 11:55 PM
what materials (i.e. pexi glass size, ect.) would i need and does it need to be a certain length width and hight if i want it ported? it is going in a chrsyler 300 and im thinking of putting 2 12" type r's.

or can someone design one for me and how much?

thanks for the help

with the see through back
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2755000-2755999/2755849_93_full.jpg

bonesninja
01-01-2008, 11:59 PM
honestly ... for what is seems your enclosure knowledge is...to get that box, you should hire a professional. Just being honest because it seems like your box building knowledge isn't that great...and that could be a very complicated box design.

JLJunkieMX107
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
I built a box similar to this. You will need at least 1" thick plexiglass so it wont flex. That usually costs around 50-70 a sheet. The total cost of the box I built was around $120 plus about 5 hours build time.

PV Audio
01-02-2008, 12:06 AM
what materials (i.e. pexi glass size, ect.) would i need and does it need to be a certain length width and hight if i want it ported? it is going in a chrsyler 300 and im thinking of putting 2 12" type r's.

or can someone design one for me and how much?

thanks for the help

with the see through back
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2755000-2755999/2755849_93_full.jpg
With the most blatant honesty possible: you don't know enough yet to build that yet. All you see is the pretty aesthetics, but not the work and mathematics behind it. Yes, it does need to be a certain width and height, and depth and volume and literally hundreds of other things to be ported for your specific vehicle and those specific speakers.

Anniku989
01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Assuming thats a center slot port, I wonder where its firing...

e22s
01-02-2008, 12:26 AM
im a do it yourself type of guy...i came to the board to look for help in trying to accomplish this task, can anyone help me with some basic instructions for this challenging task? ive built a few boxes before that all i had where instructions for and they came out better than what most people said they would come out...

bonesninja
01-02-2008, 12:27 AM
im a do it yourself type of guy...i came to the board to look for help in trying to accomplish this task, can anyone help me with some basic instructions for this challenging task? ive built a few boxes before that all i had where instructions for and they came out better than what most people said they would come out...

theres no way for us to design that for you without having all of your precise measurments.

thegreatestpenn
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
making a box with plexi isn't that hard. Making a box that looks like what you're trying to do is, especially if you try and wrap with something other than carpet. That's a pro build, I'd say try building something more simple. even a sealed box with plexi is tons easier than that

twisztdauthorit
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
anyone have a instruction manual for this guy?

hatemonger
01-02-2008, 12:31 AM

just building it isn't the only factor. it has to be built specifically for the subs. it has to be integrated into your vehicle. you may be building a box like that literally in the car.

PV Audio
01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
im a do it yourself type of guy...i came to the board to look for help in trying to accomplish this task, can anyone help me with some basic instructions for this challenging task? ive built a few boxes before that all i had where instructions for and they came out better than what most people said they would come out...You're looking at a false wall with a ported box and plexiglass. This is something you take to a professional to have done, because even though false walls aren't truly difficult, they look like absolute **** if you **** it up (which is very easy).

btdickey99
01-02-2008, 12:33 AM
That is a smooth looking box, and seems like its not going to be as easy as ppl giving you step by step instructions thru a forum

PV Audio
01-02-2008, 12:33 AM
just building it isn't the only factor. it has to be built specifically for the subs. it has to be integrated into your vehicle. you may be building a box like that literally in the car.Exactly. You'll have plenty of time to get to that level, so don't be so ambitious just yet.

btdickey99
01-02-2008, 12:35 AM
I would suggest hire some1 that definately knows what they are doing, and you maybe helping and learning along the way, or like thegreatestpenn said, try a less difficult box and work your way up

btdickey99
01-02-2008, 12:37 AM
just building it isn't the only factor. it has to be built specifically for the subs. it has to be integrated into your vehicle. you may be building a box like that literally in the car.

Once oyu narrow it down to the right sub its going to help you by knowing which way to face sub and port as well as the best way to do it.

Like I stated earlier one person wont be able to be on to give you step by step, but by atleast knowing the equip your going to use will allow opinions from everyone to help you as what will work best

Jameseypoo
01-02-2008, 12:39 AM
With the most blatant honesty possible: you don't know enough yet to build that yet. All you see is the pretty aesthetics, but not the work and mathematics behind it. Yes, it does need to be a certain width and height, and depth and volume and literally hundreds of other things to be ported for your specific vehicle and those specific speakers.

I wish I still had that picture of some of the boxes you've made

bonesninja
01-02-2008, 12:40 AM
haha...i remember..............

Zorasmiles
01-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Not to say you can't replicate this box, but I'm saying it will be difficult. I have a Chrysler 300C and trust me once you get in the trunk you'll know what I'm talking about. If you try using the entire area shown in that picture it's a mathematical nightmare. Now, if you just choose to fill in the areas with MDF and not box enclosure space it might be easier for you. If I remember correctly the width from side to side is 31" or so, with the height around 14.5" without removing the rear deck speaker cover and approximately 16-18" from the backseat for the depth. If you search Ebay you can find prefabbed enclosures and you can look at the designs to get an idea of where you need to start at. Not to mention how the trunk has a decline coming from the backseat of a 1/2" or so. I'm sure there are hundreds of guys on this forum who could build that box but they would need your 300 or a 300 at their disposal for a bit.

The box you have pictured is nice and I've seen a few variations built. In fact, it appears the person possibly placed their amps in the wheel well beneath the floor. 1" and 3/4" MDF, 1" plexiglass, 2 mirrors cut to fit each chamber bottom, carpeting, screws, woodglue, wood screws, and suede should be on your list......................Goodluck and post pictures when you finish.

TheFiverMan
01-02-2008, 12:42 AM
need to be worrying about gettin more power for them type rs b4 u get a box...

PV Audio
01-02-2008, 12:50 AM
I wish I still had that picture of some of the boxes you've madeWhich is still relevant 5 years later, going from an 8th grader to being in college. Of course.

e22s
01-02-2008, 01:45 AM
well even a simple sealed enclosed will do...its most likely going to be for 2 12" type r's...thanks

Zorasmiles
01-02-2008, 02:00 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-07-Chrysler-300-300c-Sub-Subwoofer-Box-Enclosure_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ019 QQitemZ290194087123QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-Chrysler-300-300c-Sub-Subwoofer-Box-Enclosure-2x12_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ015QQite mZ250202233212QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-Chrysler-300-300c-Sub-Subwoofer-Box-Enclosure-2x12_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ015QQite mZ250202233245QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Check out those Ebay boxes--maybe the vendors will give you the dimensions/cuts for each piece of the box....You can build the rear of the box with plexi perhaps for a quick fix.

Jameseypoo
01-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Which is still relevant 5 years later, going from an 8th grader to being in college. Of course.

I liked them.