PDA

View Full Version : dual slot port

dbirkes
04-09-2003, 12:43 AM
I'm going to build a dual slot port for two tens. i want to put the slot in the middle. is it best to seperate the two sides or have them sharing the port. and how do you figure out the size needed if they are sharing the port?

paikiah
04-09-2003, 12:50 AM
you got my 1500th post...congrats, if that means anything to ya...;)

Ok, in my opinion, it would be better to build a single chamber with one slot port for your subs... why? a larger enclosure will mean less power is needed to push the subs to xmax, and you can get louder... bigger boxes tend to equal to higher SPL... (remember, I said tend, not necessarily...)

Also, if you get two slot ports, the legth of the port might take up precious volume in your box, and might have to make 2 huge boxes.... Oh, and it might be easier for you to tune the subs with the port if there's only one...

how do you know what length of port? How do you know for a single one? Was it recommended or was that calculated by yourself? If by yourself, I'm sure you've got no problems calculating a common port for duals...

If in doubt, use winisd pro to calculate your box requirements... use the search key and you'll find tons of stuff about it...