PDA

View Full Version : Box building program

Dtrickz
12-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Whats the best box design program you guys have used? I thought about maybe looking into buying one. need some input

Dtrickz
12-31-2007, 02:05 PM
anybody TTT

THUMPPER
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Termpro is the best but they are releasing a newer version compatable
with Windows Vista,,,so hold off for a bit before purchasing it

miker
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Bit torrent it!

Punk In Drublic
12-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Anything for OS X?

Dtrickz
12-31-2007, 03:56 PM
anybody ever d/l termpro off the webz?

yunvme666
12-31-2007, 04:06 PM
i liked termpo when i used it a while back, i still use bb6p for everything tho...... check around for that.

MemphisCherokee
01-01-2008, 01:37 PM
anyone know of a site with a decently seeded termpro torrent?

THUMPPER
01-01-2008, 02:46 PM
the only thing with Termpro is the fact it needs a USB key to operate.
any kind of a copy would be useless

MemphisCherokee
01-01-2008, 05:09 PM
oh, ****

basshedz06
01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
i use bbp6 and it is helpful but u better read up on the tutorial and everything but can be impossiable sometimes

PV Audio
01-02-2008, 01:02 AM
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. If you don't know how to design an enclosure by hand, a program will do nothing for you. Regardless of whether or not you think it will be easier, it is actually more difficult to learn from the program, because it assumes that you already know everything and are just using it to make your life easier. You need to understand how different factors affect one another i.e. the triangle of port tuning, as explaned below:

Tuning frequency is dependent on the following 3 factors:

1. Enclosure volume.
2. Port length
3. Port cross-sectional area

1. Enclosure volume is dependent on how long your port and how wide your port is, because the more air the port takes up in the box, the less volume, and the greater the tuning.
2. Port length is dependent on enclosure volume and cross secitonal area because the longer the port, the lower the tuning, and the greater the cross-sectional area, the greater the tuning.
3. Port area is dependent on the parameters of the drivers, most notably Xmax and Sd, which when multiplied together give you Vd, which is how much air the speaker moves or displaces. The smaller the port area, the more port noise, the wider the port area, the less port noise, but the wider the port, the greater the tuning, and as well, less volume for the speaker which also raises the tuning.

If you didn't understand that, you have no reason to even begin to use a box building program, as it won't help you learn nearly as much as reading will (trust me on this, these programs have been around for quite some time).

Dtrickz
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
yea i can sit down and design a basic enclosure on paper. Thats no big deal. I was just interested in a program to play around with

yunvme666
01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
bb6 is nice but i really only use it for cut sheets or to see what fits ,after ive already figured out what net im goin with..... i really do more real life testing of the box and go from there. i never trust most of the graphs.....

Dtrickz
01-04-2008, 02:18 AM
yea having a program with a cutsheet would save some time

BrianChia
01-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Tuning frequency is dependent on the following 3 factors:

1. Enclosure volume.
2. Port length
3. Port cross-sectional area

1. Enclosure volume is dependent on how long your port and how wide your port is, because the more air the port takes up in the box, the less volume, and the greater the tuning.
2. Port length is dependent on enclosure volume and cross secitonal area because the longer the port, the lower the tuning, and the greater the cross-sectional area, the greater the tuning.
3. Port area is dependent on the parameters of the drivers, most notably Xmax and Sd, which when multiplied together give you Vd, which is how much air the speaker moves or displaces. The smaller the port area, the more port noise, the wider the port area, the less port noise, but the wider the port, the greater the tuning, and as well, less volume for the speaker which also raises the tuning.

If you didn't understand that, you have no reason to even begin to use a box building program, as it won't help you learn nearly as much as reading will (trust me on this, these programs have been around for quite some time).

Makes zero sense.

Enclosure volume is dependent on the driver not on the port.

PV Audio
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Makes zero sense.

Enclosure volume is dependent on the driver not on the port.We are assuming you have a range of Vbs, therefore you can choose a port tuning to fit.