PDA

View Full Version : getting ticked off!!!!

hatemonger
12-29-2007, 08:08 PM
:verymad:at google sketchup. it's more difficult to use than i thought it would be.

brokeitagain
12-30-2007, 01:46 AM
just read the tutorial that comes with it it helped me figure it out. i am by no means a master of it, but i can come up with what i want to see

97gmcsierra
12-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Im having the same problems. For some reason it does the opposite of what I want to do with it every time I try something. Dont feel bad you arent the only one. If it makes you feel any better. :D

Pop da Hatch
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
what do you guys want to know?

TWOJZ
12-30-2007, 08:03 PM
:verymad:at google sketchup. it's more difficult to use than i thought it would be.

no its not

THUMPPER
12-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Google Sketch is not an actuall enclosure design program
anyways...it does nothing to calculate and fine tune an enclosure....

I can design a well tunned enclosure and print out a complete blueprint
with a cutlist (with Termpro) in less than 1/2 the time it takes to make a simple
drawing on Google Sketch

Google Sketch just seems like alot of work for nothing to me

TWOJZ
12-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Google Sketch is not an actuall enclosure design program
anyways...it does nothing to calculate and fine tune an enclosure....

I can design a well tunned enclosure and print out a complete blueprint
with a cutlist (with Termpro) in less than 1/2 the time it takes to make a simple
drawing on Google Sketch

Google Sketch just seems like alot of work for nothing to me

but it looks cool!!!

Pop da Hatch
12-30-2007, 09:02 PM
its a 3d drawing/modeling program

/story

noobs that dont know how to use a computer need not apply

TWOJZ
12-30-2007, 09:05 PM
I dont know how to use it, but that didn't stop me...

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6756/4430ax7.jpg

hatemonger
12-31-2007, 10:58 AM
I dont know how to use it, but that didn't stop me...

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6756/4430ax7.jpg

would you like a cookie? a six year old can draw a box. drawing a box is not the main goal of a design program:fyi: i would just do it on paper if that were the case. thanks THUMPPER, i'll try termpro.

iamamp3pimp
12-31-2007, 11:09 AM
after i have all my numbers crunched, it works very well for me.

hatemonger
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
after i have all my numbers crunched, it works very well for me.

i like it. kinda fun. wish it did a cut list. i'm more lazy than anything being wrong with the software.

TWOJZ
01-08-2008, 01:53 AM
would you like a cookie? a six year old can draw a box. drawing a box is not the main goal of a design program:fyi: i would just do it on paper if that were the case. thanks THUMPPER, i'll try termpro.

ah, so, what exactly were you trying to do with google sketchup then? lol

basshedz06
01-08-2008, 07:03 AM
i say the same thing this program is not for box building but for major companys that want to diesign houses and such or couples that want a kitchen layout done now if your wife want new kitchen cabinets and such this is the program just make take awhile to get the hang of it but keep at it and you will come up with something

IDSkoT
01-08-2008, 09:59 AM
i say the same thing this program is not for box building but for major companys that want to diesign houses and such or couples that want a kitchen layout done now if your wife want new kitchen cabinets and such this is the program just make take awhile to get the hang of it but keep at it and you will come up with something

I think it's more for amateurs than professionals, TBH.

But, I'll admit that it's pretty powerful. But, I didn't really have that much of a problem using it. You just have to remember it works by creating a series of planes [infinite amount], but most times you can get the line to 'snap' to one of the major planes 'Up, down, left, right, front, back'. They have them colored. I believe Blue is up and down, and Yellow is left and right [Or front and back depending on your perspective].

Now making some of the stuff that JBFish makes with SketchUp, that's hard. Haha. That's why I give him so much props. That stuff's hard to do.

JBLCAMRY
01-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I think it's more for amateurs than professionals, TBH.

But, I'll admit that it's pretty powerful. But, I didn't really have that much of a problem using it. You just have to remember it works by creating a series of planes [infinite amount], but most times you can get the line to 'snap' to one of the major planes 'Up, down, left, right, front, back'. They have them colored. I believe Blue is up and down, and Yellow is left and right [Or front and back depending on your perspective].

Now making some of the stuff that JBFish makes with SketchUp, that's hard. Haha. That's why I give him so much props. That stuff's hard to do.

bj? he does not do the designs, just letting you know.

Relax
01-08-2008, 01:37 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/J_rock777/kitchencabs.jpg

The last thing I used sketchup for was to do a kitchen layout for my house. I remodeled the entire thing exactly to my drawing. Worked very well.

JBLCAMRY
01-08-2008, 04:35 PM
i started using it a work to show the customer what the screen enclousre looked like on there house before we built it.......... example

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/kirbycamry/asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf.png
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/kirbycamry/asdfasdfasdf.png