PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9887 Active users.. help me please!

XaznKewLguyX
12-28-2007, 11:45 PM
When it was set on f/r/sub all of my speakers seemed to have music coming out of them and when i switched it over to 3way (active) one of my tweeters stopped playing

anyone else experience this problem? i've been trying to figure this out all night and now its dark and i cant do much anymore.

im so frustrated right now :verymad:

XaznKewLguyX
12-28-2007, 11:46 PM
i messed with one of the xovers and the music seems to shift to the tweeter that doesnt play but when i put my ear next the tweeter there is still nothing.

XaznKewLguyX
12-29-2007, 12:02 AM
waiting for nismo to sign on.. hopefully he can help me :(

aeon
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
everything is wired up for running active right? make sure every speakers is getting one channel from the amp. check your wiring and your rca's. make sure they're in the right location.

rear = tweets
front = mids
sub = sub

XaznKewLguyX
12-29-2007, 02:40 PM
everything is wired up for running active right? make sure every speakers is getting one channel from the amp. check your wiring and your rca's. make sure they're in the right location.

rear = tweets
front = mids
sub = sub

do you mean

rear =mids
front = tweets
sub= sub

???

bass_lover1
12-29-2007, 03:36 PM
do you mean

rear =mids
front = tweets
sub= sub

???

No, what he said was right.

amedeuce
12-29-2007, 03:54 PM
do you mean

rear =mids
front = tweets
sub= sub

???

This is the correct way as I see it and this is how I do it with great results.

XaznKewLguyX
12-29-2007, 04:55 PM
well that explains it.. one of my tweeters overexcurted :(

on my old eclipse it was front/high and rear/mid so i thought the 9887 would be the same.

the first unit i had had a bad signal in one of the rca's so i went back to the store and swapped it on the spot, put it in my car in the parking lot and everything seemed to work but the new unit i forgot to set it on active so while i was driving home the tweeters were sounding like **** so i shut it off and when i got home i put my dash together switched it to active and i guess i had already blown the tweeter :( just put in some old mb quart and they work fine.

RIP my SLC265kicks :(

thanks for clearing that up guys..

XaznKewLguyX
12-29-2007, 04:57 PM

rear = tweets
front = mids
sub = sub

this indeed is the best way it sounds to me.