PDA

View Full Version : What fabric should a girl make grill cloth out of?

azngurlbaybee
04-08-2003, 04:08 PM
So anyway, I'm gonna put a grill on top fo my subwoofer but the grill isn't as good-looking as it could be so I'm gonna go to the fabric store and make a grill cloth :)

Anyway, what's the right fabric to use? I've got some alacantara lying around which would look nice but might not be so good soundwise...

Any help would be cool :)

x5-452
04-08-2003, 06:35 PM
just go to a store and ask for speakercloth... im just not sure about what store u would go to. LOL

AliasX
04-08-2003, 06:46 PM
LACE :D

azngurlbaybee
04-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by AliasX
LACE :D
LOL :D. From old *******, right?

paikiah
04-08-2003, 07:40 PM
you sure know how to get answers by mentioning the word "girl" here...;)

well, if you need to cover it up, then grillcoth, but if just to protect the cones, then why not try some of the wicked grills from kicker? and you could put grill over that if you feel the fang-like stuff is not your cup of tea...

azngurlbaybee
04-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by paikiah
you sure know how to get answers by mentioning the word "girl" here...;)

well, if you need to cover it up, then grillcoth, but if just to protect the cones, then why not try some of the wicked grills from kicker? and you could put grill over that if you feel the fang-like stuff is not your cup of tea...
I already have a speaker grill...but I sorta want some cloth on top of it...

Natheo
04-08-2003, 10:43 PM
maybe use some of your old black nylons if you have any. maybe thats what a girl would do....??

:D

paikiah
04-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Natheo
maybe use some of your old black nylons if you have any. maybe thats what a girl would do....??

actually, I second that notion....

nylons are tough, they can filter out a lot of dust, I THINK it's acoustically transparent and easily replaceable... might find it a bit of a pain to work with, but yeah, pantyhose...no joke...

SasquatchBump
04-08-2003, 11:31 PM
I would agree with something thin so air could easily travel through it.

But come on guys, cant we at least have a shred of respect for the ladies around here?
As soon as one comes on this forum, they get flamed till they leave.
Swallow your shovanistic pride and be sociable for christ's sake.:(

paikiah
04-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by SasquatchBump
I would agree with something thin so air could easily travel through it.

But come on guys, cant we at least have a shred of respect for the ladies around here?
As soon as one comes on this forum, they get flamed till they leave.
Swallow your shovanistic pride and be sociable for christ's sake.:(

erm...bigfoot, I wasn't trying to diss her, I was saying a pantyhose would work wonders...
I, at one time, thought about it too... it's great material to work with, so long as you can secure it well enough neatly... nylons tend to smear glue everywhere quick...

Anyway... I'm sure she's not offended, or at least I'm hoping she's not...:)

SasquatchBump
04-08-2003, 11:37 PM

I was actually referring to this post:D

paikiah
04-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by SasquatchBump
I was actually referring to this post:D

ah, whoopsie... my bad...

anyway, I dont' think the panyhose was so bad.. the lace thingy might've been a bit...you know...

hmm, besides, I'm sure she's cool, she's the one who DID mention colth for a GIRL...;)

I believe speakers do not know if the listener is a male or female... so if it's good for a girl, it's good for a guy, vice versa..:)

danfortner
04-09-2003, 03:23 AM
Actually I think that anzingulrbaybee probably wants the attention, for she is the one who always starts threads like this one "What fabric should a girl make grill cloth out of?" or "What 4-channel amp would be good for a girl?" I mean if someone REALLY wanted to be treated normal they would just ignore barriers like *** and race and wouldn't even mention them. She should have just started threads and and posted stuff like everyone else here... BUT NOOOOO... she has to be UNIQUE. So i think anything that is said that is *** baises, in this case at least, is warranted. The bottom line is that SHE brought up the issue of gender, so it was obviously gonna be addressed by someone.

paikiah
04-09-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by danfortner
Actually I think that anzingulrbaybee probably wants the attention, for she is the one who always starts threads like this one "What fabric should a girl make grill cloth out of?" or "What 4-channel amp would be good for a girl?" I mean if someone REALLY wanted to be treated normal they would just ignore barriers like *** and race and wouldn't even mention them. She should have just started threads and and posted stuff like everyone else here... BUT NOOOOO... she has to be UNIQUE. So i think anything that is said that is *** baises, in this case at least, is warranted. The bottom line is that SHE brought up the issue of gender, so it was obviously gonna be addressed by someone.

just stated the reason why I told her that she knows how to grab attention in the forum... ;)

anyway, let's all chill...

time for me to elave the base now...

gotta go home and tinker with my dual 8ohms subs...*sigh*....

azngurlbaybee
04-09-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by danfortner
Well I'm not stupid...the word "girl" in the title means a guaranteed 20+ responses for whatever topic. Sometimes I'll find a topic in a search with 0 responses and then start a new post with the girl theme and I'll get a couple pages of responses :)

Natheo
04-09-2003, 08:05 AM
well, think about it. i said it because i figured she prolly has some. most girls arent offended THAT easily...

azngurlbaybee
04-09-2003, 10:37 AM
well, think about it. i said it because i figured she prolly has some. most girls arent offended THAT easily...
Yup. You gotta have a pretty thick skin to post on car audio boards...which I do...and I do...

AliasX
04-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by azngurlbaybee
LOL :D. From old *******, right?

or a bra :rolleyes:

paikiah
04-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Yup. You gotta have a pretty thick skin to post on car audio boards...which I do...and I do...

not ALL people in the forum are brutes, you know...:)

Natheo
04-09-2003, 09:17 PM
im not a brute, im just not afraid to say things that are helpful, even if they offend people.

are you even trying that pantyhose speaker cloth thing? maybe just even any stretchy nylon stuff...?

bass maniak
04-10-2003, 09:54 PM
you can get some from radio shack

azngurlbaybee
04-11-2003, 02:29 AM
im not a brute, im just not afraid to say things that are helpful, even if they offend people.

are you even trying that pantyhose speaker cloth thing? maybe just even any stretchy nylon stuff...?
I doubt mine would fit...maybe I gotta make some fat friends :)

paikiah
04-11-2003, 02:30 AM
I doubt mine would fit...maybe I gotta make some fat friends :)

you'd be suprised how much they stretch and how tough they are not to split.. don't worry, it's only nylons, you won't hurt them so give it a try...