PDA

View Full Version : '89 Ford Taurus front speakers...

geowick07
12-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Just replaced my friends speakers in an '89 ford taurus. did the rear deck and the doors. rear deck went fine, tested, they worked great. got to the doors, changed out the first one, tested, and no sound. not even static or like they were trying to work. checked both new speakers just to make sure that it wasn't faulty equipment. same deal with the other speaker. so, i figured i would try the other side, and the same thing happened. no sound from the front two speakers. rears work fine. fader and balance work fine on original factory head unit.
Anyone ever have this happen? is there a fix, or is it possible the HU is shot?

thanks for any replies!

jco1385
12-28-2007, 03:53 PM
try the fronts on the rear channels

geowick07
12-28-2007, 03:55 PM
good thought, but i had to button everything up so the person could use the car. have to keep that in mind the next time they are over. just hate to have to take everything back out again like that. pain in the @ss!

luvinthebass
12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
was your car running when you hooked it all up?

geowick07
12-29-2007, 12:02 AM
no, i had disconnected the negative battery cable before doing anything. i am wondering if something blew in the HU since only the rear passenger side speaker worked from the start. i just found out this info a few minutes ago. so, i know my friend is planning on getting a new HU at some point, and i believe that point has arrived. i that doesn't solve the problem, guess it will take some more digging.