PDA

View Full Version : Mazda3 rear speakers

jeffsumm
12-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I have a 2007 Mazda3, which has rear speaker locations in the back doors. My last car (Mazda 626) had a rear deck, and I really miss the sound you get with the rear speaker sound reflecting off of the back window. I've done a little internet searching, and I don't see any type of rear deck kits out there. Should I pursue a custom solution, or stick with the door locations? If I go with a custom rear deck, what would that run me, ballpark figure?

HU: Alpine CDA-9883
Front speakers: Infinity Ref. 6822cf
Rear speakers: Infinity Ref. 6812cf
Amp: Rockford Fosgate 501X
Sub: Infinity BassLink

SUMrTOY
12-28-2007, 04:34 PM
I have a 2007 Mazda3, which has rear speaker locations in the back doors. My last car (Mazda 626) had a rear deck, and I really miss the sound you get with the rear speaker sound reflecting off of the back window. I've done a little internet searching, and I don't see any type of rear deck kits out there. Should I pursue a custom solution, or stick with the door locations? If I go with a custom rear deck, what would that run me, ballpark figure?

HU: Alpine CDA-9883
Front speakers: Infinity Ref. 6822cf
Rear speakers: Infinity Ref. 6812cf
Amp: Rockford Fosgate 501X
Sub: Infinity BassLink
I wouldn't waste your money on a rear deck solution... Focus on your front stage. The rears are just fill IMO.