PDA

View Full Version : alpine cda 9886 install help!

bolt01
12-28-2007, 01:54 AM
So I just purchased a brand new alpine cda 9886 deck and decided to install it myself because for once I want to install something myself rather than having to pay someone else to do the install. Well My question is, When looking at the owners manual for wireing connections I noticed that I'm suppose to connect the yellow wire comeing from the back of the deck and connect it to the positive terminal of the battery and connect the black wire from the back of the deck and connect it to the negative terminal of the battery. If I will be useing a 4 channel amp to power my front and rear speakers and a monoblock amp to power my sub (which means that i'll be useing all 3 preouts from the deck), Do I still have to connect the yellow wire to the positive terminal of the battery? And as far as the black wire, can I just ground it on the cars chassis? I read somewhere in this forum that if i'm usieng amps to power speakers then I dont have to use Yellow wire that goes to the battery and if I'm usieng the amp from deck then I'm suppose to be connecting yellow wire to battery. Hopefully you guys can help me out. thanks

alxmlr789
12-28-2007, 10:41 AM
why dont you just hook it up in your wiring harness?

97gp
12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Just connect yellow to yellow and black to black. You dont have to hook them to battery.