PDA

View Full Version : Putting new speakers in my Intrepid. Questions..

Pertnoy7150
12-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey everyone,

I am pretty new to car audio. I know a little bit about some things, but not enough.

I am starting off small, because I want to build my system up, and due to the fact that I don't have all the cash that a good system requires on hand.

I have a 1994 Dodge Intrepid, it says it came with an Infinity system, but let me tell you, all the speakers are crap, blown, and just weak in general, which is why I am making the decision to revamp the car sound system.

I was thinking about buying Infinity Reference series 5.25"s and 6x9"s.

I hear these are really nice and good sounding speakers if you have a good reciever and have a decent amp powering the 6x9"s.

Receiver wise, I was looking at Pioneer, everyone I know uses Pioneer and they seem to like them and have minimal problems. The head unit I was looking at is * Pioneer Premier DEH-P690UB *

Do you think that will butter the bread or do you have any suggestions on a different unit?

Ahhh, the huge world of amplifiers...

I also would like to go with an Infinity amp.

* Infinity Reference 475a * that is what I am looking at... for Powering the 6x9s...

Like I said, I am new at this, and I want to have a really good sounding system, with power at that..

Any help/suggestions you could give me would greatly be appreciated.. Thanks..

Another thing... Sonic Electronix... That is where I may buy from, any expierence? Their prices are much cheaper than Best Buy and other online stores..