PDA

View Full Version : any bodywork people here?

02parkave
12-27-2007, 01:26 PM
any idea as to an ESTIMATE to fix this-
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/visitor_01/grandprix004.jpg
it is rusted there, and dented (over the wheel) i am guessing that a new rear quarter is in order.. any ideas on cost?

also- where is the best place to buy FACTORY ground efects from?

jco1385
12-27-2007, 01:30 PM
mine is similar. body shop said 2k to put on new quarter and repaint entire car.

02parkave
12-27-2007, 01:33 PM
mine is similar. body shop said 2k to put on new quarter and repaint entire car.

thats a good deal! repainting the whole car? wow

jco1385
12-27-2007, 01:36 PM
that was what he told me. it might be different where you live though. this was a local shop

bumpincrv
12-27-2007, 01:39 PM
go to a local shop and they will most likley just pull the dent, repair the contaminated metal and just reshoot the quater, They will probably just fade it in to the doors and trunk and good as new

jco1385
12-27-2007, 01:41 PM
yeah, yours isnt as bad as mine. you could probably pull the dent and fill the rest. i mean it is a ricer... ;)

02parkave
12-27-2007, 01:48 PM
yeah, yours isnt as bad as mine. you could probably pull the dent and fill the rest. i mean it is a ricer... ;)

grand prix.........ricer?? does not compute:confused: lol

jco1385
12-27-2007, 04:03 PM

oops, looked like an eclipse when i looked at it the first time...

but in your case it should be a pull/bondo job i think. depends on the shop, and the outcome you want

Mitch86
12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
You dont need a new quarter... shouldnt be over 350-400 to fix that and repaint the quarter. atleast it wouldnt be at the shop that I work for.

Ferendon
12-28-2007, 02:38 AM
Ricer is an attitude that has nothing to do with the make/model of a car. And why waste the cash on a GP? You can pick those up, all day long, for next to nothing.

Haunz
12-28-2007, 02:52 AM
go to a local shop and they will most likley just pull the dent, repair the contaminated metal and just reshoot the quater, They will probably just fade it in to the doors and trunk and good as new

my thoughts were $500 for that...

dude the best advice you will get is to shop around and ask around....... I've had body/paint work done that was complete garbage from so called rebuttable shops and dealerships......

add to that the fact that I'm not so hot about some of the work my local paint shop does on the Mercedes Benz cars I work on.....

Ferendon
12-29-2007, 02:58 AM
The level of skill required to match and fade an MB is far beyond that of a Pontiac. Paint qualities and chemical mixtures are way different. Pontiac is probably a flake-less, candy-less 2-stage paint. I doubt it's anywhere near that simple with an MB. A dent popper and some PDR work should take care of the damage, and the paint work itself shouldn't be too much.

02parkave
12-29-2007, 05:08 AM
Ricer is an attitude that has nothing to do with the make/model of a car. And why waste the cash on a GP? You can pick those up, all day long, for next to nothing.

because i am bored, and i have the cash to waste? the lincoln is done, and im happy with it. the wife wont let me touch the 600, and basically, i can;) why would you attempt to hate? sad life i take it?

The level of skill required to match and fade an MB is far beyond that of a Pontiac. Paint qualities and chemical mixtures are way different. Pontiac is probably a flake-less, candy-less 2-stage paint. I doubt it's anywhere near that simple with an MB. A dent popper and some PDR work should take care of the damage, and the paint work itself shouldn't be too much.

gee.. thats funny.. my wifes mb paint isnt nothing special. but i forget.. you "work with car dealers every day" so you must know it:laugh:

audiobahnuser18
12-29-2007, 05:14 AM
The dent from the pic. Sometime's you can actually go inside your trunk and pop out the dent by hand actually i did that with my last ride and it worked:). just a suggestion.

PsychoTheRapist
12-29-2007, 05:20 AM

Blah, blah, blah..... These are key words that equal "I don't know what the **** I'm talking about"... :laugh:

02parkave
12-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Blah, blah, blah..... These are key words that equal "I don't know what the **** I'm talking about"... :laugh:

he has proven that many times over:) search his other posts. comedy.. to say the least.

Ferendon
12-29-2007, 03:45 PM
So, the paint on the one MB that your wife has, represents ever single MB made? And they're not words that say "I don't know what I'm talking about", they're words that say "I'm not going to throw out a blanket answer, when I don't know for sure". Essentially, what I was getting it, was the fact that the red on the GP is a simple, 2-stage red. Rather simple for a paint shop to match, even with some fade from age.

02parkave
12-29-2007, 11:15 PM
So, the paint on the one MB that your wife has, represents ever single MB made? And they're not words that say "I don't know what I'm talking about", they're words that say "I'm not going to throw out a blanket answer, when I don't know for sure". Essentially, what I was getting it, was the fact that the red on the GP is a simple, 2-stage red. Rather simple for a paint shop to match, even with some fade from age.

whole car is getting repainted. and besides that tardo, my blanket statement about hte wifes car.. was as ignorant as yours. figure it out. not the quickest, are you?

02parkave
12-29-2007, 11:16 PM

see? ignorant fool.