PDA

View Full Version : little confused about install

ayebnneRedV6
12-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I just got a set of V-Max 65's. They are my first set of comps and I'm a little confused on how to hook them up. They have a seperate input for the woofer and the tweeter but I am powering them with one channel per crossover, so what do I do? Just bridge the inputs by jumping the woofer input over to the tweeter input?

ayebnneRedV6
12-28-2007, 12:09 AM
bump

60ndown
12-28-2007, 12:11 AM
no, look carefully at the xover an youll see where the signal comes in and then 2 different sets of terminals where the tweeter and woofer attach seperately.........probably

ayebnneRedV6
12-28-2007, 01:44 AM
no, it says INPUT W+ T+ W- T- then it has OUTPUT W+ T+ W- T-

Gary S
12-28-2007, 12:08 PM
What do the instructions say? Might be a jumper installed or a bi-amp switch? Take the crossover cover off to see if there is a switch. You could try running to just the "W" terminals and see if you get sound from both mid and tweet.

Also, you can run two wires from each amp terminal, that's fine, it's called bi-wiring, supposed to sound better.

ayebnneRedV6
12-29-2007, 01:15 AM
the instructions dont "say" anything about instalation, it just shows a crapy diagram with one set of wires going to the crossover, and thats it, i'll try just hooking the wires up to the woofer input and see what happens

ayebnneRedV6
01-01-2008, 10:10 PM
OK, I opened up the crossover and there is a switch that says biamp or normal. I assume that it doesn't matter which set of inputs I hook the amp up to if I have it set to normal? Or should I do like W+ T- ?

SRim23
01-01-2008, 10:29 PM
def try and get an answer before you just starting wiring away i learned that the hard way my first comp set install and it cost a pretty penny to get new tweets!

on my polk crossovers if you are just wiring normal you use the Tweeter inputs. not sure if yours are the same but thats how mine are.

Gary S
01-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Set the switch to normal... then try T+ W-

If you want to test this first so there is no chance of blowing your amp, you can test with a normal size D, C, AA flashlight battery or 9-volt battery... simply touch one wire to pos. battery side, the other to neg.... when you find the right connections, you will hear a pop from both drivers as you connect and disconnect the leads to the battery.

ayebnneRedV6
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
OK thanks