PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9887 Active Crossover Help

Bommy
12-26-2007, 11:31 PM
I have looked at the manual and I have an idea about what I'm going to do for my system that I'm putting in the car but I would like the advice of the more knowledgeable car audio folks on this forum.

I plan on having Dynaudio MW 160 GT on the front stage powered by a Xenon 200.4. The Dynaudio MD 100 tweeters will be powered by a seperate amplifier (still have to order). I also plan on having a pair of RSD65cs in the back for rear fill, these will be bridged together to make one channel on the Xenon 200.4. The JL sub woofers will occupy the subwoofer channel of the headunit. I don't plan on using the tweeters that come with the RSD65cs, just the midrange.

I know many people on this forum prefer just a front stage, but since I have the 200.4 Xenon, I think 400 watts/channel just to the Dynaudio MW 160s would be too much, so I'm just going to get another set of speakers so I can have my mids going at 200watts/channel.

My Alpine 9887 has 6 output channels, 2 tweeter channels, 2 channels for the MW160 GT, 1 channel for the RSD65cs, and 1 channel for the subwoofers. If I put the Headunit in F/R/Sub-W Mode, will I be able to adjust each channels crossover individually? I would prefer your input before I go adjusting all the crossovers myself and possibly ruining my speakers. This is my first active setup and I would like to get this figured out before I start putting everything in the car.

Thanks in advance for your input.

spudracer326
12-26-2007, 11:47 PM
what your saying does not make sense.....

you are using bi-amp passives on the front?? active low pass on the rear and then the sub channel??

with the front channel of the 200.4 on the dyns mids with a 2 channel for the tweets(bi-amp), rear channel of the 200.4 on the rsd's, and then a seperate amp for the sub??

Bommy
12-27-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm using 2 independent channels for the Dynaudio 160GTs on the Xenon200.4. I am bridging the both the RSD65cs speakers on the remaining channels on the 200.4 to make 1 channel. Everything is active. I am taking all the passive crossovers off all the speakers.

I am using a separate amp for the tweets and the Xenon 600.1 for 2 subwoofers.
Let me know if more explanation is needed

99StangGt
12-27-2007, 11:19 AM
In f/r/sub mode you wont be able to run active. There isnt a crossover for the tweeters in that mode. To run active you have to be in 3 way mode. when running active its hard to have rear fill being the speakers wont have full range. If you want rear fill you will need to use the passive crossovers for the front comps or the tweeters will blow because of the low freqs getting to them. The 6 channel output in 3 way mode is 2 tweeters, 2 mid and 2 sub channels.

nbudros
12-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Can i use a 9887 active or passive with out imprint.

Can change peq with out imprint?

bass_lover1
12-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Can i use a 9887 active or passive with out imprint.

Can change peq with out imprint?

Yes.

Yes.