PDA

View Full Version : aight fellas..Check out this box design I came up with...TEll me what ya think!!!

SoundsUnlimited
04-07-2003, 11:59 PM
Well heres the semi-wall I guess u could say that I have came up with!!

19" high x 42" wide x 26" deep EXTERNAL

Heres the vent I have thought about doing!!

17.5" high x 10" wide x 19" deep thats 175 sq inch of port tuned around 44hz Displacement on that port is 2.6 cuft. And the subs are about .17 eaSo make the box "internal" about 10 cuft"which is the measurement above!!! Thats the box or Semi-wall I have come up with for the 2 15" ed ks...What do yall think about that????

Blake

Natheo
04-08-2003, 12:03 AM
seems like a "sound" idea to me! haha, get it? sound?? yes very funny....

ngsm13
04-08-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by SoundsUnlimited

17.5" high x 10" wide x 19" deep thats 175 sq inch of port tuned around 44hz Displacement on that port is 2.6 cuft. And the subs are about .17 eaSo make the box "internal" about 10 cuft"which is the measurement above!!! Thats the box or Semi-wall I have come up with for the 2 15" ed ks...What do yall think about that????

Blake

10 cubes, will that be one chamber for ur "semi- wall"??

NG

LoneRanger
04-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SoundsUnlimited

Blake

1. More port. Don't be afraid to go with 200+ sqin for a pair of 15's......especially in a box that big.

2. Tune higher. If you're building a wall, it's obvious that SQ isn't your main concern. It's going to sound like *** tuned at 44, and will yeild a punchy spl-oriented box. Depending on the car, I'd say 50-65hz is probably where you want to be.

3. If you plan to compete with a wall, best of luck. The guys in MECA that run walls are viscious! A pair of 15's and anything more than about 500w in a wall would put you in MECA M3 (not sure about IASCA, DB Drag or NSPL)......let me warn you. That's a hard bunch to beat!

4. In a wall setup, the removable-replaceable port is your best friend. You'll probably need to tweak it several times before you're satisfied, so why not make it easier on yourself :)