PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with headunit install

GreekPower
12-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey guys I got a friend who wants to put a headunit into his 97 chevy astro. I just took a quick glance at it but how do I go about removing the factory radio?

monster yummm
12-24-2007, 02:33 PM
There is probably some trim around the radio. Just use a screwdriver, and carefully remove it. And then there should be screws, you take out.

But im not quite sure, never worked on an astro

themommyvan
12-24-2007, 02:36 PM
There is probably some trim around the radio. Just use a screwdriver, and carefully remove it. And then there should be screws, you take out.

But im not quite sure, never worked on an astro

NO NO NO. I have a 97 Astro. The trim goes from the drivers door to the other side of the radio. It just pops off but you will need to move the shifer out of the way. Its kind of a pain to get to piece out of the way but it will move. There are no screws that hold the radio in.

monster yummm
12-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Ahhh

Like I said never worked or even looked at an Astro. I just thought mainly everything worked sorta the same way.

themommyvan
12-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Trying to help is ok but if you dont know its best to not reply

GreekPower
12-26-2007, 04:19 AM
do you have any pics of your dash taken off? Also do they make a dash kit for it? I didn't seem to find one only the harness for the adaptor. Oh and I need to change his antenna to I just found out. BTW THANKS!