PDA

View Full Version : Beginner here... Alpine CDA-9883

jennimil
12-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I hope this doesn't sound incredibly stupid but considering all the retail kids are confused by it I don't feel too bad! Here goes! I am interested in getting an Alpine CDA-9883 head unit that is considered to be "satellite ready". What does Satellite ready mean and what equipment goes with it? Best Buy says they don't have the equipment and just to "go look it up on line" but they cannot tell me what to look up? I have found the Alpine KCA-SC100 but don't know where to put the antenna or if this is what I need.

I am so confused! Can someone help me figure out what I need to get this head unit to work with satellite? I may need you to put it in pretty simple terms as I am a simple girl when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks!

J

ls2poweredgoat
12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Call Crutchfield.

tee
12-23-2007, 11:21 PM
I hope this doesn't sound incredibly stupid but considering all the retail kids are confused by it I don't feel too bad! Here goes! I am interested in getting an Alpine CDA-9883 head unit that is considered to be "satellite ready". What does Satellite ready mean and what equipment goes with it? Best Buy says they don't have the equipment and just to "go look it up on line" but they cannot tell me what to look up? I have found the Alpine KCA-SC100 but don't know where to put the antenna or if this is what I need.

I am so confused! Can someone help me figure out what I need to get this head unit to work with satellite? I may need you to put it in pretty simple terms as I am a simple girl when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks!

J

"Satellite ready" means that it's able to play satellite radio (XM, Sirius) on it. To be able to do so, you must buy an adapter that will go in conjunction with the 9883. Keep in mind that it's HD radio ready too.

Welcome to the forum?