PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know...

slayorktc
12-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Where i can get some cheap performance parts.. such as.. k&n intakes, and suspension lifts, and mud tires... also is it illegal to put one of the police light spinners on top of my car just for funny pranks on my friends? also i dont know if you guys seen or messed around with those electric super chargers turbo things... are they good.. do they actully increase the horse power substantly? Thanks for the input.. :D

azimuth
12-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Where i can get some cheap performance parts.. such as.. k&n intakes, and suspension lifts, and mud tires... also is it illegal to put one of the police light spinners on top of my car just for funny pranks on my friends? also i dont know if you guys seen or messed around with those electric super chargers turbo things... are they good.. do they actully increase the horse power substantly? Thanks for the input.. :D

you cannot put police lights on your car.

slayorktc
12-22-2007, 09:47 PM
ya thats what i thought... also... if i get a body lift kit for my truck... how much would it cost for a car shop to charge me.. i dont want them to quote me too much... just for the lift... not painting...

brtnboarder3241
12-22-2007, 09:49 PM
ya thats what i thought... also... if i get a body lift kit for my truck... how much would it cost for a car shop to charge me.. i dont want them to quote me too much... just for the lift... not painting...

how bout you get off your *** and go call a shop?

Ferendon
12-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Wow...

Just wow...

First off, the police lights would be illegal. You'd get arrested for impersonating an officer, and you'd get an ***-ramming from the ***** of justice.

A turbo cannot be electric. If it was electric, it wouldn't be a turbo, it would be a supercharger. Turbos are exhaust driven. There's 2 kinds of electric superchargers, and they are both crap. One, is basically a trolling motor for a boat, that produces '1-2 psi' of boost. In most cases, they actually impede air flow, slowing things down substantially. The premise of electric superchargers began with actual superchargers, powered by an electric motor, rather than a drive belt. They are quite nice, when you can find a real one, but substantially more expensive than a regular supercharger. They are probably one of the worst 'bangs for the buck' you could find for a car. A decent one runs in excess of $4000, just for the head unit, and often produce a fraction of the boost a regular supercharger does. They also provide very linear boost, which is tough on an engine, and difficult to tune. Whereas, a regular supercharger varies boost levels based on engine speed, which is much more appropriate.

On a side note, your original post is definitely worthy of being quoted in a signature. Simple due to some much *** hattery in a single post. You amaze me, and not in a good way.

97gp
12-23-2007, 11:30 PM

Police lights arent illegal you should get some. :cop: I love pulling over cops with them, you should try it. I think they like it to because they will give you a ride in their car after you pull them over.