PDA

View Full Version : Processor dilemma(360.2 vs h701)

cx-7heaven
12-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I want to install a processor, Have seen the 701 in action(didnt get much play time tho). I have not been able to screw around with a 360. Does anybody have any experience with these two units? I was leaning towards the alpine, mainly for the digital input. Is the digital that important, or not?
Thanks for any help

lashlee
12-24-2007, 10:37 PM
FWIW, the 701 should be used with the optical in all possible situations. Most people that have tried to use the 701 without an alpine compatible unit, and analog, have noticed some noise in the unit. If you have the option to go with optical, get a 701, and a RUX-C701 controller and go to town!!

I've never had the chance to play with a 360, and it does have some benefits, but it can be problematic if you don't have a good bluetooth unit to work it.

From what I can tell, if you are planning on using either unit in a three way active setup, the 701 is the only option. If you are just using it as a two way active, then either will work.

Also, if you ever get down to atlanta, go to audio designs. Jeff Smith is an awesome guy, great tuner, and a big fan of the 701 in a competition sense.

alxmlr789
12-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I've never played with a 360, but I am extrmely pleased with my h701 +c701 processor. Im not running optical, i use an Ai net cable, and it still sounds excellent with no hiss.