PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing set of component speakers! Focal? MB Quart?

Zarjnn
12-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi there,

I know this topic comes up frequently so sorry for asking about it again. I want to put a set of component speakers (6.5 inch) in my truck. I like decent bass (but I dont want to add a subwoofer). I also do not like shrill tweets, maybe softdomes? The music I listen to is hard rock from the late 80's and early 90's such as Blue Murder, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Steelheart, etc. (Yeah, hairbands). They also need to be combined with a decent amplifier as well. Budget is 500 bucks tops, and I prefer to spend around 300-350. The truck is a single cab truck, and I will be installing the speakers in a set of kicker panels. One other thing also, is that I like authentic musical reproduction...

I read several other car audio forums but this one seems to have the experts.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Audio Master
12-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Well I highly recommend Audio Development speakers especially the AD 6 splits and the AD60 splits they are fantastic and as good or better than focal utopias dynaudio etc hit the website and check them out
http://www.audiodevelopment.it/eng/car/elencocar.html

if you like what you see hit the email on [email protected]

ok mang

azbass
12-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi there,

I know this topic comes up frequently so sorry for asking about it again. I want to put a set of component speakers (6.5 inch) in my truck. I like decent bass (but I dont want to add a subwoofer). I also do not like shrill tweets, maybe softdomes? The music I listen to is hard rock from the late 80's and early 90's such as Blue Murder, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Steelheart, etc. (Yeah, hairbands). They also need to be combined with a decent amplifier as well. Budget is 500 bucks tops, and I prefer to spend around 300-350. The truck is a single cab truck, and I will be installing the speakers in a set of kicker panels. One other thing also, is that I like authentic musical reproduction...

I read several other car audio forums but this one seems to have the experts.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

if there are any high end shops in your area, I would recommend having a listen to the brands they offer. get an idea how metal/silk dome tweets sounds (bassed on what you listen too I would go for a fabric dome tweet.)

I listen to similar music as you, and my choice of speaker is from Dynaudio.

Echo42987
12-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I agree with the above statemtn but the setup I have I've found works best thus far with my rock music.

See my sig for the Front speakers and the amp to power them. Awesome combination!

-Nick-