PDA

View Full Version : CDT or Alpine Comps... Help!

BLACKonBLACK98
12-21-2007, 10:11 PM
I'll over simplify this. I will be seeing 50w on all 4 speakers (not negotiable).

I have a set of CDT HD-62/M6 that i bought when i was planning more power. I don't think 50w is enough to get them moving so i have been looking at other options.

Any feedback on the Alpine Type X Ref comps? Most of the system will be Alpine so I would like to stick with them or CDT.

Should I:

A) Sell the CDT's and buy something with a lower rms (like the Type X x 2)

Or:

B) Buy some more CDT's for the rear (HD-63 Bra-axial) and hope 50w is enough.

Exploder 97
12-21-2007, 10:12 PM
I have the alpine type r comps.. And i love them,, I have never had a problem, I have them running off 150 rms and they are perfect.. I can only imagine that the type x' comps would be better.. Alpine ftw.

W8 a minute
12-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Asking for opinions is a scary subject on this board. Personally, I wouldn't buy CDT toilet paper if I had just crapped my pants in public. But that's just my opinion.

BLACKonBLACK98
12-21-2007, 10:23 PM
explorer - really? i was considering the type r's first, but heard too much bad stuff about them.

w8 - yeah, its like that everywhere but i think this board has some of the more-knowledgable people out of the ones i'm on.

we can kind of take the brands out of the equation (although i'd still like feedback on the type x). should i run high-end and under-powered or downgrade to something not as nice but better matched?