PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Framing Help

ASDF12345
04-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Heres what I need to do:
Make a panel that can be removed from the car.

To make the panel I'll make a frame in the shape that I want but how do I attach the fiberglass material to the frame in such a way that it can be removed after it dries?

Normally I would staple the fleece to the MDF but then I couldnt remove the fiberglassed panel from the car without removing the frame too because the panel would be stapled to the frame. Not to mention, the frame has to be secured to the car.

What Im doing is building an amp rack/frame that will sit in the trunk hatch and a panel will sit on top of the amp rack so only the amps are visible. The panel will extend out to the edge of the trunk on all sides so it is one big peice.

The reason the panel needs to be removable is to be painted for one and also so it's easy to work on the system should anything fail or need replacement.

ANY ideas are much appreciated.

ws140
04-07-2003, 03:54 PM
get a peice of ply wood. wouldn't that work? Otherwise your gonna have to try to hot glue the fleece to the mdf and either hope it peals off or heat it up so it comes off.

ASDF12345
04-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ws140
get a peice of ply wood. wouldn't that work? Otherwise your gonna have to try to hot glue the fleece to the mdf and either hope it peals off or heat it up so it comes off.

get a peice of plywood and do what with it?

ws140
04-08-2003, 05:02 PM
fiberglass on top of it then cut the fiberglass to fit your trunk. You make a sheet of fiberglass a little bigger then your trunk area then measure and cut it down to size. Once it is sanded and painted you install it and mount it how you want.