PDA

View Full Version : Hard Rock & comps

Grmanalishi
12-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Just interested in what comps people listen to Hard Rock thru.
I've experimented with several comps (Diamond, CRT) and my 2 pairs of ADS 246 6.5" give me a realistic and balanced sound at all volumes and the silk tweeters are never harsh. I can listen to Rush at very loud volumes and the highs never pierce my ears. (Also using (2) Kicker CVR 8" subs which get the job done.)
I believe there's always a better speaker out there which is why I'm curious.

Ignatowski
12-21-2007, 07:17 AM
ya the 346 ADS........LOL......
Well they stopped making them but you can find the PPI version now which should be pretty
much the same SQ and output with a slightly different cone
Having owned maybe a dozen sets of comps in recent years (including the HEX)
the 346s really are no comparison and they walk all over pretty much everything I have owned
in the past.....You wont get much feedback on them here though because not many peeps
runs the now defunct ADS brand but I would give the PPI a try......Be prepared though
the supplied crossovers are rather oversize so mounting them takes a bit of thought

FYI I do not listen to hiphop and or rap - Similar genre to Rush though
Floyd,Genesis,Who to name a few and always LOUD

tcguy85
12-21-2007, 10:01 AM
i listen to rock and metal and my PG RSD's get the job done very well. i also like it loud.

redcalimp5
12-28-2007, 02:35 AM
I'm running a set of CMX Kicks active with 120X4, and they sound awesome to me. I listen to System of a Down, Disturbed, Hatebreed, Rage, and Zepplin, and about any other kind of rock, and those speakers sound awesome with all of it.

Gary S
12-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Excelerater is right... PPI 356cs are some of the best sounding comps under $400.

DejaWiz
12-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Pioneer TS-C720PRS on a clean 2x150w rms.