PDA

View Full Version : Roadster installation

b_faster
12-18-2007, 09:00 AM
I am looking for a good set of 6.5 component speakers for my roadster. Current models I am looking at are;

MB QSD 216
Focal 165K2
BA SPZ 60
JL ZR650
PG TI6
Polk SR6500

I would prefer to not do this twice, so constructive criticism as well as positive feedback is welcomed.

By the way first post here.

Edit. The car will have an 8" sub also, currently planned JL 8W3V3. The amp will be a 4 ch. running 2 front 1 rear (sub). currently looking at Alpine PDX 4.150. Both of these items are also up for discussion. HU is Pioneer Avic D3.

Flipx99
12-18-2007, 09:08 AM
What are you looking to get out of the setup? I assume a roadster would not have a sub, but who knows. Also, what amp?

b_faster
12-18-2007, 09:26 AM
I updated the original post for clarity.

jkulysses
12-18-2007, 10:36 AM
For Components I like Phoenix Gold Rsd, Polk momo's, and Pioneer rev's. That sub isn't going to be very loud by any means but it will sound good and clean.

jco1385
12-18-2007, 10:40 AM
i know someone that has a JL w3v1 d4 8" he'd probably sell cheap if you haven't gotten your sub yet

b_faster
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
The car currently has the monsoon system.

I am attempting to build a system with a much better SQ than the Monsoon. The care will also get some sound dampening during this project.

The other goal is the ability for the passenger to watch a DVD during interstate travel.

zero7404
01-15-2008, 11:05 PM
i had qsd 216's installed in my car for about 2.5 yrs. nice component set.

but a few months ago something gave and they died on me.....so i decided to try the zr650-csi's.

connected to the same amp and deck combo as the quarts (without any changes to parameters), these sound much more detailed than my quarts did. i was very very surprised to hear details that i did not hear on my quarts. i didn't expect that from a speaker system that is generally accepted by car audio ppl as lower-end when compared to mb quart. keep in mind that my quarts were built back when mb was germany-based german-engineered.

i am going to do some more detailed listening when i set them up in active (toss the jl crossovers) and connected to an audison lrx 5.1K.

they are also mounted on exactly the same mdf baffles as my quarts were. basically a pure speaker swap out.