PDA

View Full Version : Cutlist Plus for you shitheads

IgnoreMe
12-18-2007, 05:09 AM
here is a nice program for for making cut sheets. Its called Cutlist Plus.

ever get tired of trying to figure out how much sheets of mdf you will need when building big boxes?

ever get tired of the guy at home depot trying to figure it out for you?

ever get tired of watching him try to get all the cuts you need out of a single sheet of mdf, only to have him/you cut the sheet just right so you need to buy a full 4x8 sheet just to get that little 12"x 16" piece?

well here. this is from my own little collection that i downloaded from demonoid before it kicked the bucket. it comes with a code to use so you can get unlimited items. and it will automatically orientate the cuts so that you get the most use out of your sheet of mdf/plywood etc. if you are lazy and like the easy way out, this program is for you. the non-lazy need not complain, or apply :). enjoy. all i ask for in return is a vote for Ron Paul....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CNSMGZHW

bjfish11
12-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Thats the program that I use ;)

jblayz1
12-18-2007, 09:40 AM
do you have to login to d/l the file?

Colt9699
12-18-2007, 09:53 AM
where is the serial number at?

I d/l and installed and dont see a serial.

profundus-sanus
12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
the serial is in the document other than the setup program...

djman37
12-18-2007, 10:29 AM
i use a similar program itemizer7.0 it's a demo and only does 1 sheet w/o the key WHICH I HAVE LOST from back in the good ol' days.

Colt9699
12-18-2007, 10:42 AM
the serial is in the document other than the setup program...

there is just the program and a ms info doc.

no serial:confused:

djman37
12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
there is just the program and a ms info doc.

no serial:confused:

i haven't tried to open this one yet, but typically you open the .nfo with wordpad to see the magic.

Colt9699
12-18-2007, 10:47 AM
i haven't tried to open this one yet, but typically you open the .nfo with wordpad to see the magic.

found it! thanks

mfenske
12-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I downloaded a version the other day and I couldn't figure out how to program it for an angled/trapezoid type piece. Anyone able to steer me in the correct direction?

flexxissues
12-18-2007, 10:58 AM
where do i click to download this on the website?

Immacomputer
12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I've used it in the past and I always like my layouts better. My layouts are always more logical if using a table saw to get all the cuts done without having to adjust the fence which means all cuts come out exact. The program is pretty useful if you're in a hurry though.

Megalomaniac
12-18-2007, 12:08 PM
where do i click to download this on the website?

you guys are hacker n00bs. I have premium membership anyways on that site :P

however you type in those 3 letters for the image verification and then wait like 45 seconds and download link will show up.

also you need flash to view page properly

Megalomaniac
12-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I've used it in the past and I always like my layouts better. My layouts are always more logical if using a table saw to get all the cuts done without having to adjust the fence which means all cuts come out exact. The program is pretty useful if you're in a hurry though.

your layout looked very good, and you seem talented when it comes to designing too :)

tsenfw
12-18-2007, 12:10 PM

+1

I find it hella easier to cut all pieces of the same size at once, even though it wastes some wood, it comes out more exact when using a less than professional grade table saw.

Immacomputer
12-18-2007, 12:22 PM
your layout looked very good, and you seem talented when it comes to designing too :)

Thanks!

hempy
12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Yay. That saved me like 20 mins.

audioarsonal
12-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Immacomputer I do it the same way.Just seems a little more effecient then having to keep re adjusting.Besides scrap always comes in handy.
I guess you save time figuring cuts but lose time re-adjusting....give and take I guess.

IgnoreMe
12-18-2007, 06:01 PM
hope you guys get some use out of this program. especially those that go to home depot worrying they are going to have to shell out money for another sheet of mdf. i would assume even the guy on HD or lowes would appreciate seeing a picture of the layout instead of worrying about trying to get every piece to fit, and wasting 30 mins.

even, if this program is of no use to you, i think its always nice to just have an archive of sorts, of all useful programs.

PV Audio
12-18-2007, 06:56 PM
your layout looked very good, and you seem talented when it comes to designing too :)Back away from the meth then...

I'm just kiddin imma

mfenske
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Anyone able to tell me about the angled cuts yet?

PV Audio
12-18-2007, 08:01 PM
No, because no one likes you.

Immacomputer
12-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Back away from the meth then...

:(

mfenske
12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
No, because no one likes you.:D

twisztdauthorit
12-19-2007, 03:15 PM
these programs help a **** load....

idk if it was this one but there is also one that u can have an inventory set a price on the wood and then tells you how much wood you used and how much it cost.

statistics and all that crap. I dont do any box builds w/out using a wood cutting program anymore

djman37
12-19-2007, 04:42 PM
these programs help a **** load....

idk if it was this one but there is also one that u can have an inventory set a price on the wood and then tells you how much wood you used and how much it cost.

statistics and all that crap. I dont do any box builds w/out using a wood cutting program anymore

itemizer7.0 is used by wood shops for such a purpose. you can set it to different yields, it keeps up with stock, etc. It handles rolls, sheets, etc.

bjfish11
12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
This program does it was well....

It will show the percentage of waste, calculate costs, etc. I use it a lot for estimates on custom or very large enclosures. Im pretty sure it has an inventory part, but have never used it..

Megalomaniac
02-08-2008, 05:38 PM

I just used this finally, you can go into settings to change the layout in the program so you minimize cuts(default is minimize wood).

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q151/Megalomaniac1989/Team%20Toxic%20Bass/Cutsheet_34.jpg

ngsm13
02-08-2008, 06:28 PM
D/L'd this year's ago... but never had a serial... and never could figure it out.

Thanks for the shits.

nG