PDA

View Full Version : FI Audio?!

texasound82
12-16-2007, 03:39 AM
read the few reviews i could find on this forum already. just curious to how the owners of these subs are enjoying their product? how do they compare to the big dogs? (kicker, JL, Alpine, etc.) I'm a JL fan, it's the only thing I've owned. I've always appreciated SQ, but love to rattle cars in the next lane. Can I expect this from FI?

XaznKewLguyX
12-16-2007, 03:40 AM
read the few reviews i could find on this forum already. just curious to how the owners of these subs are enjoying their product? how do they compare to the big dogs? (kicker, JL, Alpine, etc.) I'm a JL fan, it's the only thing I've owned. I've always appreciated SQ, but love to rattle cars in the next lane. Can I expect this from FI?

sigh another fi thread

:search2:

Gianotti
12-16-2007, 03:46 AM
kicker, JL, and alpine dont compare to Fi's Subs......

bumpin buick
12-16-2007, 03:48 AM
FI will dominate no doubt on the spl and sql. JL has nicer sq products though but then again u pay out the *** for them

dragnix
12-16-2007, 03:53 AM
link to FI website guys?

shava
12-16-2007, 03:54 AM
FI has a website?

JarvisB
12-16-2007, 03:58 AM
FI has a website?

I knew this was coming :hilariou:

GoochJuice
12-16-2007, 04:01 AM
yes fi has a website

www.ficaraudio.com (www.2girls1cup.com)

bumpin buick
12-16-2007, 04:01 AM
i heard rumors they were making one.

GoochJuice
12-16-2007, 04:02 AM
i heard rumors they were making one.

i just posted it.

bumpin buick
yes fi has a website

www.ficaraudio.com (www.2girls1cup.com)

lol nice i read the url on the bottom

dragnix
and a myspace, anyone know the link to the myspace website?

bumpin buick
12-16-2007, 04:05 AM
myspace? when did they get a website. i think its myspace.com (http://www.4girlsfingerpaint.com) though but im not sure

GoochJuice
12-16-2007, 04:07 AM
lol nice i read the url on the bottom

:confused: huh?

im just saying if you need Fi subs, thats the ticket right there.

www.ficaraudio.com/newworldrecord (www.2girls1finger.com) actually has recent additions to their accomplishments.

bumpin buick
12-16-2007, 04:08 AM
mines better

GoochJuice
12-16-2007, 04:09 AM
mines better

your's? what do you mean? im just trying to help the guy out.

dragnix
12-16-2007, 04:16 AM
4 fingers? interesting

*clicked*

dragnix
12-16-2007, 04:17 AM
ok, i threw up

GoochJuice
12-16-2007, 04:18 AM
ok, i threw up

too many subwoofer options?

bumpin buick
12-16-2007, 04:23 AM
too many subwoofer options?

i know its overwhelming but ive never heard of anyone vomiting from it

MisterGrubbs
12-16-2007, 04:23 AM
FI will dominate no doubt on the spl and sql. JL has nicer sq products though but then again u pay out the *** for them

Alpine Type X wont keep up with the Q or the w6?

*My Edit to make the post worth even posting*

Fi makes great products, as does tons of other audio companies you'll read about on the site. Just look around some, some people will step up and tell yous ome but 90% of the people here will yell at you and tell you to search. Searching is going to help you learn more in the long run anyways.

What setups have you run in the past so that we know what we're facing?

bumpin buick
12-16-2007, 04:27 AM
maybe it was just me but I had a x and i couldnt really tell much of a differnce between it and the rs I have. Maybe it was the install but I think the Q and w6 are nice sounding. Dont get me wrong xs are nice im not bashing on them. Just going from hearing them all in person I dont think the xs sounded nearly as nice for sq. I guess for sql they can get just as loud as the others. I just didnt feel the quality was all that there

savagebee
12-16-2007, 04:32 AM
maybe it was just me but I had a x and i couldnt really tell much of a differnce between it and the rs I have. Maybe it was the install but I think the Q and w6 are nice sounding. Dont get me wrong xs are nice im not bashing on them. Just going from hearing them all in person I dont think the xs sounded nearly as nice for sq. I guess for sql they can get just as loud as the others. I just didnt feel the quality was all that there

well, by nature the x's are designed to be in a big (compared to a lot of modern woofers) sealed box... something like 3 cubes for the 12" if I remember right...

I was under the impression they were an sq driver, that was ineffecient.. maybe?

I dont remember exactly, I could be completely wrong

MisterGrubbs
12-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Eh understandable. Everyone has their own tastes and hears certain things differently. I heard a 12" X sealed on 1k rms and rather enjoyed the quality. Decently loud for what I expected.

I hate the X Comps. I wanted them forever until I finally heard them. Owner of the big shop in town had a set in his Jeep on a JL 450/4 and at low to medium volumes, amazing. At higher volumes, however they were less than impressive in every manner. I like the Xr's over them, for God's sakes. Maybe he messed up his install SOMEHOW in the way he set it up for something. No clue

texasound82
12-16-2007, 04:44 AM
although JL is known for SQ. If you were to compare two 10" SSD's in a sealed enclosure, to two 10" w6's in the same sized sealed enclosure... who wins the spl contest?

savagebee
12-16-2007, 04:48 AM
although JL is known for SQ. If you were to compare two 10" SSD's in a sealed enclosure, to two 10" w6's in the same sized sealed enclosure... who wins the spl contest?

just check the links

GoochJuice
12-16-2007, 04:51 AM

the links will explain everything

bumpin buick
12-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Eh understandable. Everyone has their own tastes and hears certain things differently. I heard a 12" X sealed on 1k rms and rather enjoyed the quality. Decently loud for what I expected.

I hate the X Comps. I wanted them forever until I finally heard them. Owner of the big shop in town had a set in his Jeep on a JL 450/4 and at low to medium volumes, amazing. At higher volumes, however they were less than impressive in every manner. I like the Xr's over them, for God's sakes. Maybe he messed up his install SOMEHOW in the way he set it up for something. No clue

I strongly agree, as far as me messing up the setup. I have no problem admitting the setup wasnt ideal for the sub. Im not bashin the sub at all Im just saying for sound quality i notice something more in the q and w6 they just seem a little more crisp.

texasound82
12-16-2007, 05:11 AM
Alpine Type X wont keep up with the Q or the w6?

*My Edit to make the post worth even posting*

Fi makes great products, as does tons of other audio companies you'll read about on the site. Just look around some, some people will step up and tell yous ome but 90% of the people here will yell at you and tell you to search. Searching is going to help you learn more in the long run anyways.

What setups have you run in the past so that we know what we're facing?

my last setup was two 13.5" JLW7's with JL 1000/1 to each. enjoyed the clean sound... and still able to wake the neighbors

texasound82
12-16-2007, 05:15 AM
i appreciate all the input. just want more bass on a lower budget (than jl audio) without the muddy-fart like bass.

savagebee
12-16-2007, 05:17 AM
i appreciate all the input. just want more bass on a lower budget (than jl audio) without the muddy-fart like bass.

do you still own the jl stuff?
cause even though many dont like it, that equipment would make a nice setup...
what were theparticulars of the intsall?
sealed?
vented?
tuning?

size?

texasound82
12-16-2007, 05:21 AM
sealed, had bro-in-law take care of install and tuning details. i'm just a wallet. I do know how to hit "play" though. ha.

texasound82
12-16-2007, 05:22 AM
sold the stuff, used for part of down payment on a new car for my wife. (acural tl-s)

savagebee
12-16-2007, 05:27 AM
sold the stuff, used for part of down payment on a new car for my wife. (acural tl-s)

you can make a **** fine install out of that equipment.. too bad though

Im sure a couple of the fi qs would suit you fine

as most people, I havent used them, Im still content with my setup, but I havent read much of anything negative about them, either as a company, or their products..
get a couple of 15"S and about 2.5-3kwrms and youll be banging

texasound82
12-16-2007, 05:31 AM
well, that's my other situation. In my new (used) truck... I don't want to do a bed cut. So I'm thinking I only have room for 10's in place of the console/cushion. want most power for the space.

savagebee
12-16-2007, 05:33 AM
well, that's my other situation. In my new (used) truck... I don't want to do a bed cut. So I'm thinking I only have room for 10's in place of the console/cushion. want most power for the space.

well.. if the quality of the reproduction is less important than the output, get a couple of biggun 10"S and abunch of power

like 2 dd 9510's
or some btl 12"s (no tens available except for competitors)
there are plenty of options there as well

maybe Incriminator dp 10"s (if they make em, I dont know of the do lol)

luvinthebass
12-16-2007, 05:51 AM
i almost got cup rolled