PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking.......

Rattlebrain
12-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I figured that my trunk is apx. 23 qf. I am looking into getting a SS RL-p18.
Is it possible to port it through the rear deck? Is it worth it or should it just simply go IB and forget it?

iamamp3pimp
12-16-2007, 12:24 AM
id go IB.

much less hassle.

maybe even IB ported through the RD

Rattlebrain
12-16-2007, 07:53 AM
id go IB.

much less hassle.

maybe even IB ported through the RD
If I go IB, would there be any advantage to porting it with that much air space?

savagebee
12-16-2007, 07:55 AM
If I go IB, would there be any advantage to porting it with that much air space?

I dont think there would be to be honest, as far as I know it would make it an open baffle, and youd lose tons of output that way
Im not familiar with the driver, but I know its a massive bastard.. your be looking at some serious reinforcements to go ib in the rear deck as well

Rattlebrain
12-16-2007, 08:06 AM
I dont think there would be to be honest, as far as I know it would make it an open baffle, and youd lose tons of output that way
Im not familiar with the driver, but I know its a massive bastard.. your be looking at some serious reinforcements to go ib in the rear deck as well

yea, that rear deck is pretty weak. It flexes like a mother when you just close the trunk. May not be worth it. IDK. I would like to go IB, but not sure it would be worth the trouble. It would be going in a '02 Impala.