PDA

View Full Version : using ipod on premier/pioneer HU with cd/changer

professorfate
12-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I recently got a ipod hook up for my deh960mp. (not the expensive one that you control throught the deck, or the realy cheap one that goes in the headphone/out slot. I got the one that uses the low signal/out at the bottom of the ipod and connect to the cd/changer slot on the HU.
The first time i hooked it up, the deck went to the cd/changer option. I was happy that it worked because the headphone/out cheap style that I had already tried didn't. So I put my console back togather and went to play some music and now the screen is gone. i hit the source button and nothing. it's like nothings hooked up? I plug and un-plug, and nothing. I unpluged power to the HU and powered up again with ipod attached, nothing. any ideas? thank you.

pellis
12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
try this. turn HU off, hold down fuction, and scroll to you see AUX and turn that on. i think that might work....could be wrong though. check your pm, also

professorfate
12-15-2007, 07:30 PM
thank you. didnt even know you could turn on aux that way.

professorfate
12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Thank you. That worked perfactly. well almost perfectly.. Now I have sound, but only on the right side of the car? I put in a cd and the sound is on both sides. Very wierd. dont suppose anyone knows the fix for this one? Appreciate any help.