PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Head Unit Questions..?

Richo41
12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
I am planning on installing an audio system into my 93 saab 900 convertible. (my first time at doing any of this by the way) Earlier today i visited two car audio shops and the a salesman from each store had a different opinion on Eclipse.

The first salesman stated that Eclipse is a high end brand of audio gear and that in purchasing this head unit and 6inch splits would be the best choice i could probably make.

The second salesman from the next store stated also that Eclipse is a high end brand although, the Eclipse products that have been imported to Australia (where i live) are just second best to the Japan and the US and that the only reason the price tag is higher is because of the name and not the quality. This salesman then continued to state that i should purchase a Pioneer head unit and JL splits.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any evidence that would support/flaw what the salesman have told me??

I have a 12" sub and 250w amp already, if anyone has any suggestions that would be appreciated aswell. I have about AU$1,000 to spend.

As i said before, this is my first experience in car sound and don't really want to be robbed for my money. thanks.

GoochJuice
12-15-2007, 01:10 AM
I am planning on installing an audio system into my 93 saab 900 convertible. (my first time at doing any of this by the way) Earlier today i visited two car audio shops and the a salesman from each store had a different opinion on Eclipse.

The first salesman stated that Eclipse is a high end brand of audio gear and that in purchasing this head unit and 6inch splits would be the best choice i could probably make.

The second salesman from the next store stated also that Eclipse is a high end brand although, the Eclipse products that have been imported to Australia (where i live) are just second best to the Japan and the US and that the only reason the price tag is higher is because of the name and not the quality. This salesman then continued to state that i should purchase a Pioneer head unit and JL splits.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any evidence that would support/flaw what the salesman have told me??

I have a 12" sub and 250w amp already, if anyone has any suggestions that would be appreciated aswell. I have about AU$1,000 to spend.

As i said before, this is my first experience in car sound and don't really want to be robbed for my money. thanks.

eclipse are simply some of the best products around IMHO (and many others). i would never take a pioneer over an eclipse (my experience with pioneer has been disappointing). i really did like my alpine 9831 though too, but eclipse is still my favorite.

tee
12-15-2007, 09:33 AM
If your talking about Eclipse head units as a whole, they are one of the most popular brands out there. People don't just buy the same thing over and over if it doesn't work.