PDA

View Full Version : Kicker Setup

Shawn F.
12-13-2007, 10:50 PM
I have a 93 Honda Prelude with a Kenwood HU in it and Pioneer speakers that the previous owner put in it. The speakers in the front sound like they are blown out and the rear ones do not sound too great either. I have a sponsorship from Kicker so this is the brand I will use. Any oppinions on which speaker setup you guys would use? The doors and rear speakers in it are 6 1/2's. I'd like to keep the speakers in the stock location and hidden behind the stock/factory speaker covers if possible. If not then that is ok but would prefer to. I am able to get any speakers, subs, amps, etc that I want. I want a basic setup, nothing crazy. Any oppinions on which speakers to get? How about the sub? I may run just one sub comming through the rear center console since the console runs to the back seat up to the back of the seat into the trunk and that is about it. I am not into rap, hip hop or whatever you care to call it but I do like the sub for movies and things like that.
Sorry if I sound like a total ******* here, I'm old school with hot rods and having no cd players or sound systems and this is all new to me.
Thanks for any and all the help!

NJTStang11
12-13-2007, 10:53 PM
I have a 93 Honda Prelude with a Kenwood HU in it and Pioneer speakers that the previous owner put in it. The speakers in the front sound like they are blown out and the rear ones do not sound too great either. I have a sponsorship from Kicker so this is the brand I will use. Any oppinions on which speaker setup you guys would use? The doors and rear speakers in it are 6 1/2's. I'd like to keep the speakers in the stock location and hidden behind the stock/factory speaker covers if possible. If not then that is ok but would prefer to. I am able to get any speakers, subs, amps, etc that I want. I want a basic setup, nothing crazy. Any oppinions on which speakers to get? How about the sub? I may run just one sub comming through the rear center console since the console runs to the back seat up to the back of the seat into the trunk and that is about it. I am not into rap, hip hop or whatever you care to call it but I do like the sub for movies and things like that.
Sorry if I sound like a total ******* here, I'm old school with hot rods and having no cd players or sound systems and this is all new to me.
Thanks for any and all the help!

How are you sponsored by Kicker if you don't even know their equipment? :confused:

05gliguy
12-13-2007, 10:54 PM
I'd do kicker ks components for the front and coaxials for the rear and for your sub stage I'd do a zx750.1 on a cvx12 D4...

Side Show
12-13-2007, 10:55 PM
warhorse......

Shawn F.
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks a lot, I will take that into consideration 05gliguy. Also, I am sponsored by them for freestyle motocross and promoting their stuff at hot rod shows and cruise in's, etc.
I have been sponsored from them for 4 years now and that is due to motocross. I dont have to know their product or about sound systems to be supported by them. I asked a simple question about the best setup for my car from someone that knows from personal experience, that's all.

Shawn F.
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Would this head unit work for this setup? I can't afford anything over that really and need a navigation system for fire dept. and some other things and the video is good for sitting in parking lots waiting...
Would be nice if I added the link huh?
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18720

thegreatestpenn
12-13-2007, 11:47 PM
if you're sponsored by them, why not ask KICKER what you should get? they're much better with their equipment than we should be

05gliguy
12-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Shawn, I'd send Polecat (Tracy) a PM. He works for kicker and can tell you anything you want to know about their products. I couldn't tell you much about the HU you're considering...

Shawn F.
12-14-2007, 06:11 PM
if you're sponsored by them, why not ask KICKER what you should get? they're much better with their equipment than we should be

Reason for this is because I came here to learn about sound systems and get an oppinion on a head unit that I need so I figured I would post this here and ask. Seems that Jason isn't head of the department I used to deal with anymore and their customer service is lacking IMO.
05gliguy, I will do that thanks. Hopefully Tracy can help me out here and that way I can get my stuff sent out and put in. :crazy:

Polecat
12-14-2007, 06:29 PM
jason, Jason Jones?

Exploder 97
12-14-2007, 06:30 PM
who, MIKE JONES

Shawn F.
12-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes Jason Jones, exactly. Know him?

Shawn F.
12-14-2007, 06:32 PM
BTW Tracy, I sent you a PM. Thanks!

Polecat
12-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I am Jason's daddy...LOL :D

cool, you have a PM back, holla at me Monday, cool??

Shawn F.
12-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Ok PM sent back. We're playing PM tag. I will do so thanks. BTW, I HAD to jack your Avatar. :D
If your Jason's Daddy and I am Jason's son then does that mean your my... Grandfather!!!???!!!

Louisiana_CRX
12-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I'd go with the Kicker SX series amps....

Shawn F.
12-14-2007, 06:45 PM
After I do my Honda I may have to do my 68 Lincoln Continental or 46 Chrysler too. :D