PDA

View Full Version : FS: Kicker ZR series amp circuit boards

Ge0
12-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Let me start by saying these circuit boards are NON FUNCTIONAL!!!

With that said...

For one reason or another I have a small stock of non-functional Kicker ZR, XS, and ZX series amplifier printed circuit board assemblies. I repaired many of them, threw them in heat sinks, and sold them to friends as refurbs. To make a long story short, I got busy in life and dropped this activity. They have been sitting in my basement for a few years. I've come to the realization that I will never do anything with these again now that I have a babies in the house. No time!!!

If you ever wanted to screw around with amplifiers at the board level this is your chance. In most cases these are relatively easy to fix. I will offer whatever advice I can to help you get them up and running. Mind you, if you do get them running and you want to use them, you'll need to buy a heat sink or fabricate one yourself (which can be fun).

Here is my price list.

ZR1000 - $40
XS100 - $40
ZR600 - $35
XS50 - $35
ZR360 - $25
ZX460 - $20
ZR240 - $20
ZR120 - $15

Willing to give discounts for package deals.

I am newer here but have been around various forums for over 10 years. References available upon request. Or, search my user name on Elite caraudio, Sound Domain, or DIY mobile audio.

Pictured are ZR1000, ZR240, and ZR600 PCBs. I can take others on request.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/gerbermultit00l/Audio%20goodies%20for%20sale/Kicker%20amp%20boards/DSCN7543.jpg

GSRswapandslow
12-13-2007, 12:59 AM
god...i used love zr's...
in my little group we had a LOT
4 600's, 5 120's, 4 zx460's, too many 240's, 1 360 (girlfriend still runs it), and 1 1000...haha, great amps back in the day

Ge0
12-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Still are. You can find them pretty cheap now too.

Ge0

majette
12-13-2007, 07:02 AM
please email, i have a few questions. aamajette@yahoo.com, thanks!

MustangGT25YRS
12-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Hello GE0/
I love those Old School Kicker ZR/ZX Amps/:D.I have around 11 or 12 of them.
I have 4/of the Polished Heatsinks...N.I.B's and some others I bought on E/Bay.
I have 4~ZR/1000's.One has a bad board/:( .I have a ZR/1000 & a ZR/600 in my '98/Saturn SC2.Sound great to me.
I wish I was Electronically good...as I'd buy a couple of them to repair.
I would'nt know where to begin.All the Best w/your Sale.
Kind Regards/
Raymond/;)

Ge0
12-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Hello GE0/
I love those Old School Kicker ZR/ZX Amps/:D.I have around 11 or 12 of them.
I have 4/of the Polished Heatsinks...N.I.B's and some others I bought on E/Bay.
I have 4~ZR/1000's.One has a bad board/:( .I have a ZR/1000 & a ZR/600 in my '98/Saturn SC2.Sound great to me.
I wish I was Electronically good...as I'd buy a couple of them to repair.
I would'nt know where to begin.All the Best w/your Sale.
Kind Regards/
Raymond/;)

Thanks.

I wish I had more time on my hands these days or I'd offer to fix them for you. But, family life drains too much of my time to think that I could turn these around for you in ANY amount of reasonable time.

Louisiana_CRX
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
I have a XS100 sending some weird voltage out to speakers...as soon as you hook it up it blows the speaker...any idea if I bought that XS100 board what part might cause that...I could swap...all the parts look good on my board I can't find anything that looks burnt

Ge0
12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
I have a XS100 sending some weird voltage out to speakers...as soon as you hook it up it blows the speaker...any idea if I bought that XS100 board what part might cause that...I could swap...all the parts look good on my board I can't find anything that looks burnt

Sounds like a problem in the voltage gain stage or possibly a blown output transistor shorting one of the power rails to the amps output.

Question for you. Why buy another board from me and fix IT when you could fix the one you already have? I don't intend on loosing out on a sale, but I couldn't honestly take your money and send you a non-functional board that would potentially be just as hard to fix as the one you have.

Do you own a digital multimeter?

Ge0

Louisiana_CRX
12-13-2007, 12:10 PM
I brought it to one repair shop...he couldn't fix it...I'm sure he checked a lot of the common problems....

valter
12-13-2007, 12:46 PM
These are very nice and simple amps. Easy to fix. Too bad these are just boards without heatsinks :(

Louisiana_CRX
12-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I need a good reasonble repair place to send my XS100 too...

Ge0
12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
These are very nice and simple amps. Easy to fix. Too bad these are just boards without heatsinks :(

Where is your sense of adventure? Crafting your own chassis and heat sink is half the fun. About $80 in aluminum extrusions and sheet stock. I used to have pictures of some of the amps I've done (including a monsterous 6 channel beast made from three ZR1000's). However, they were stored on a hard drive that crashed about a year ago :(.

Ge0

Ge0
12-13-2007, 02:19 PM
I need a good reasonble repair place to send my XS100 too...

Let me see if I can free some time up during the holidays. I MAY be able to repair one and sell it to you for a modest price.

BTW: Have you contacted Stillwater Designs to see what they want to repair it?

Ge0

Louisiana_CRX
12-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Id probally be more interested in a working ZR1000 board if it is 2 ohm rated for full power...I remember on one of the Kicker specs that they lost power at 2 ohms...went from 1000 to 700....I'd like something that did full power at 2 ohms (1200-1500)....Can that be done?

Ge0
12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Id probally be more interested in a working ZR1000 board if it is 2 ohm rated for full power...I remember on one of the Kicker specs that they lost power at 2 ohms...went from 1000 to 700....I'd like something that did full power at 2 ohms (1200-1500)....Can that be done?

That gets a little tricky. The amp has a current sensing circuit that steps down the secondary side power supply rail voltages when current demand becomes too high. I've heard of people defeating this circuit before but the amps typically don't last long thereafter if continually pushed too hard. I would have to do a little digging to see how this was done and if I would personally recommend it.

I do know a considerable amount of capacitance would need to be added to the secondary side voltage rails to keep the rails stable. The FETS on the power supplies primary side would need to be upgraded. So would the rectifier diodes on the secondary (if possible, the existing rectifiers are already about as big as you'll get).

I don't want to create something that will not be relaible.

Ge0

Ge0
12-15-2007, 05:05 PM
bump

themommyvan
12-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Location in Metro Detroit? Id like to pick up a couple.

Ge0
12-15-2007, 11:33 PM

Yep, Royal Oak Area. Work in Farmington Hills.

Ge0

Ge0
12-15-2007, 11:45 PM

PM me for some details.

Ge0

themommyvan
12-16-2007, 07:09 AM
you have PM

Ge0
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM
you have PM

Nice boobs.

Ge0

Ge0
12-18-2007, 11:30 PM

I'm going to attempt to modify a board over x-mas break. I'll let you know how this goes once I've had a chance to play around.

Ge0

majette
12-19-2007, 12:05 AM
email sent

MustangGT25YRS
12-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi Ge0/
Sent you a *PM*.
Kind Regards/
Raymond

BassAddictJ
12-20-2007, 12:56 PM
this guy rocks

Ge0
12-25-2007, 01:35 AM
this guy rocks

Uhh, what guy ?:)

Ge0

Ge0
06-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Just wanted everyone to know I still have plenty of these boards available.

Ge0

ampjunkielikeme
06-12-2008, 12:10 AM
how much for a couple zr1000's shipped to 37211 ?

Ge0
06-16-2008, 10:37 PM
how much for a couple zr1000's shipped to 37211 ?

So sorry for the delay. However, ZR1000's are a pain in the butt to figure out shiping fees on since you can't find a box long enough to fit the board safely.

I can't offer a super deal on two of them since I need to buy a custom box big enough to fit four. But, I'll do $80 shipped for two of them, $110 shipped for three of them, or $130 shipped for four of them.

Let me know what you think. I promise to respond quicker next time now that I have a handle on cost.

Ge0

Ge0
06-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Still have some of each type.

Ge0

Ge0
10-26-2008, 09:55 PM
I want some of these boards gone. They are consuming too much space in my basement.

Great for experimenting with audio electronics and amp fabrication. Do it yourself at is finest :).

Here is my revised price list.

ZR1000 - $30
XS100 - $30
ZR600 - $25
XS50 - $25
ZR360 - $20
ZX460 - $15
ZR240 - $15
ZR120 - $10

I will offer substantial discount on package deals.

Ge0

Ge0
10-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Would there be any interest in these if I repaird them prior to shipment? You would still need to supply heatsink / chassis. But, building a 500W x8 amp would be do-able. Muah hah hah hah....

Ge0

mjf
10-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Would there be any interest in these if I repaird them prior to shipment? You would still need to supply heatsink / chassis. But, building a 500W x8 amp would be do-able. Muah hah hah hah....

Ge0

i would consider if two things

i need 100+x4 @4 (possibly more pending price/ how much i would be looking at for a heatsink)

you can direct me one how/where i would be looking for a heatsink

Ge0
10-27-2008, 09:35 AM
i would consider if two things

i need 100+x4 @4 (possibly more pending price/ how much i would be looking at for a heatsink)

you can direct me one how/where i would be looking for a heatsink

The simplest route to obtaining a heat sink is to grab one intended for the amp boards you choose off ebay. They show up now and then. However, what is the fun in that? Building you own is not that difficult. However, you need some basic fabrication skills to pull it off.

For instance, the last amp I put together used two ZR1000 boards stacked vertically. I purchased surplus heatsink material from an old ADCOM home amp design for about $10 shipped. The remainder of the material you'll need to construct the heat sink and to fab mounting brackets can be purchased at your local Home Depot, Lowes, or hardware store. I made the bottom cover plate from aluminum sheet stock purchased from http://www.onlinemetals.com/. Cheap prices and quick service. The top cover plate was made of lexan.
The amp was modeled after the TRU H-1 Hammer design shown here:
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/TRU_H-1_Hammer/
My versions was not as pretty looking and obviously had diffierent electronics inside. But, it got the job done and did it nicely.

If you have only basic tools and level of experience you can make this work. It may not look pretty but will be functional. The better you are at fabrication, the more pleasing your results will be to look at.

The most important thing is to have a rock solid interface between power transistors and the heat sink. That, and have enough surface area to adequately draw the heat away from them. However, forced air cooling can help out there if need be.

Any other questions?

Ge0

mjf
10-27-2008, 12:44 PM
The simplest route to obtaining a heat sink is to grab one intended for the amp boards you choose off ebay. They show up now and then. However, what is the fun in that? Building you own is not that difficult. However, you need some basic fabrication skills to pull it off.

For instance, the last amp I put together used two ZR1000 boards stacked vertically. I purchased surplus heatsink material from an old ADCOM home amp design for about $10 shipped. The remainder of the material you'll need to construct the heat sink and to fab mounting brackets can be purchased at your local Home Depot, Lowes, or hardware store. I made the bottom cover plate from aluminum sheet stock purchased from http://www.onlinemetals.com/. Cheap prices and quick service. The top cover plate was made of lexan.
The amp was modeled after the TRU H-1 Hammer design shown here:
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/TRU_H-1_Hammer/
My versions was not as pretty looking and obviously had diffierent electronics inside. But, it got the job done and did it nicely.

If you have only basic tools and level of experience you can make this work. It may not look pretty but will be functional. The better you are at fabrication, the more pleasing your results will be to look at.

The most important thing is to have a rock solid interface between power transistors and the heat sink. That, and have enough surface area to adequately draw the heat away from them. However, forced air cooling can help out there if need be.

Any other questions?

Ge0

whats funny that you mention the tru

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359220

theres one for sale:laugh:

Ge0
10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
whats funny that you mention the tru

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359220

theres one for sale:laugh:

That's one bad a$$ amp. However, it costs MUCH more than what you could build this sucker for :).

Ge0

Saint211
10-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Hmm, if you still have these around when I have money to experiment with, I'll take a couple. I collect blown amps/ buy customer's blown amps intending to tinker with them/cannibalize them for parts. Wouldn't mind trying to fix one of these. Always nice to learn.

mjf
10-27-2008, 02:33 PM
im debating whether im too lazy to get all this together, moreso since i dont know how much the end cost will be

etznova
10-27-2008, 02:54 PM
hm this is very very interesting

hhmm i could use a decent amp for a semi active 3-way could use 6 channels but i have a truck so I would need an idea of how big it would be

hit me up with any ideas you might have

dragnix
10-27-2008, 03:01 PM

Ge0

I would be interested in getting a 2000watter and a 100x4, 200x2. You have anything like that?

Ge0
10-28-2008, 12:38 AM
im debating whether im too lazy to get all this together, moreso since i dont know how much the end cost will be

Just throwing this up for a case example:

1.) ZR1000 board $35
2.) 8 power supply MOSFETS - $16 through Digikey
3.) 24 output transistors (TIP35C/TIP36C) - $30 through Mouser
4.) Two aluminum heatsink extrusions 2"x2"x36" - estimated $30 through multiple sources
5.) Clear plastic sheet for top cover plate - $9.50 through onlinemetals.com
6.) Aluminum bottom plate - $18.96 through online metals.com
7.) Buss bars needed to hold transistors against heatsink - $9.30 at online metals.com
8.) Aluminum sheet stock to fabricate end caps - $4.60 through online metals
9.) Transistor thermal insulator pads - 12"x12" free sample through Berquist. If you don't want to go the free sample route then you'll pay about $18.00 for more material than you'll need.
10.) Misc stuff like soldering supplies and RCA's $20

Worse case total is about $180 for a custom ZR1000. Mind you, this is a worse case which assumes all output transistors have blown. Although this is possible, it is highly unlikely. You could probably cut the estimate for transistors in half to be more realistic. Subtract $23 for a more realistic estimate (i.e. you don't need to replace all transistors)

For ZR600 or XS50 sized amps subtract about $30

For ZR360 sized amps subtract about $50

For ZR240 sized amps subtract about $60

If you want to build an amp with two (or more) main boards add the price of another board - 30% and count on another $20 for transistors.

I know this is confusing. That, and you aren't necessarily getting a powerful amp for next to nothing. But, you built it yourself, it beats going out and buying a new one by a long shot, and YOU BUILT IT YOURSELF!!!

dragnix
10-28-2008, 12:49 AM
how much would it be if you repaired them prior to shipment? But if you don't have the time then i suppose i'll just have to go to Zed and have him do it :)

I want to buy some from you but I'll probably end up asking you a bunch of questions. Don't know if you would be down with that

Ge0
10-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Hmm, if you still have these around when I have money to experiment with, I'll take a couple. I collect blown amps/ buy customer's blown amps intending to tinker with them/cannibalize them for parts. Wouldn't mind trying to fix one of these. Always nice to learn.

That's where I started. I've built or repaired over 200 amps. It was fun. But, now I have little kids and two jobs. I don't have time to play like I used to.

Ge0

Ge0
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
hm this is very very interesting

hhmm i could use a decent amp for a semi active 3-way could use 6 channels but i have a truck so I would need an idea of how big it would be

hit me up with any ideas you might have

What type of power do you need? I.E. channel configuration...

Each board needs about 2.5" clearence from top to bottom. If you start stacking them inside a chassis you need to take that into account. However, if you have more width than depth available you could always stack them end to end vs. on top of each other.

Oh, speaking of length. The length varies by amp board model.

I can take exact measurements when I get home tonight, but, a ZR1000 is about 28 inches long. A ZR240 is about 12 inches long.

Ge0

Ge0
10-28-2008, 03:57 PM
I would be interested in getting a 2000watter and a 100x4, 200x2. You have anything like that?

Sorry if I mislead you. I don't have complete amps. At one time I used to construct them but unfortunately no longer have time in my life for this.

I am selling Kicker ZR, XS, and ZX series circuit boards. The boards I currently have are non functional. However, I am contemplating what it would take to repair them and sell them as functional refurbs.

I can't help you with 2000Wx1. I don't think you could successfully slave the outputs of two bridged ZR1000's together to drive a single load without risk of damaging the amps.

However, 100Wx4 / 200Wx2 is a piece of cake. You could do:

2 ZR600's under one chassis for approximately 150Wx4
2 ZR350's under one chassis for 90Wx4
Or, do a single ZR1000 if all you need is 250x2

Mind you, these are standard manufacturers ratings. These amps were under rated. Expect about 10% to 20% more power out of them that what they are rated for.

Ge0
10-28-2008, 04:10 PM
how much would it be if you repaired them prior to shipment? But if you don't have the time then i suppose i'll just have to go to Zed and have him do it :)

I want to buy some from you but I'll probably end up asking you a bunch of questions. Don't know if you would be down with that

Seriously, I do not mind people asking me a bunch of questions. I figured that would go with the territory if I sold the boards here vs. on ebay. I like doing this stuff.

I threw out the idea of offering the service to repair them prior to shipment. My guesstimate is that the price of the board would probably double. HOWEVER, the more I think about this the more I am hessitant. You see, I can guarantee the board leaves my shop fully functional. I can send paperwork showing what it benched at. However, I would not be able to offer a warranty.

Ge0

dragnix
10-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Sorry if I mislead you. I don't have complete amps. At one time I used to construct them but unfortunately no longer have time in my life for this.

I am selling Kicker ZR, XS, and ZX series circuit boards. The boards I currently have are non functional. However, I am contemplating what it would take to repair them and sell them as functional refurbs.

I can't help you with 2000Wx1. I don't think you could successfully slave the outputs of two bridged ZR1000's together to drive a single load without risk of damaging the amps.

However, 100Wx4 / 200Wx2 is a piece of cake. You could do:

2 ZR600's under one chassis for approximately 150Wx4
2 ZR350's under one chassis for 90Wx4
Or, do a single ZR1000 if all you need is 250x2

Mind you, these are standard manufacturers ratings. These amps were under rated. Expect about 10% to 20% more power out of them that what they are rated for.

If i run two zr1000s together at a relatively high ohm load (4/8 ohm) would it work? Or would the xs100 work better for that application?
How much would it be for

2 zr 240(which could be made into a 4ch. right?)
1 zr 600
And two of either the zr1000 or xs100 if two of either those can be made to run at a higher ohm load without damaging the amp. If that can't be done. I'll take one zr1000

Seriously, I do not mind people asking me a bunch of questions. I figured that would go with the territory if I sold the boards here vs. on ebay. I like doing this stuff.

I threw out the idea of offering the service to repair them prior to shipment. My guesstimate is that the price of the board would probably double. HOWEVER, the more I think about this the more I am hessitant. You see, I can guarantee the board leaves my shop fully functional. I can send paperwork showing what it benched at. However, I would not be able to offer a warranty.

Ge0

The warranty thing is completely understandable since it is an electronics item. I trust you and your work since i have seen you around for a long time

Ge0
10-28-2008, 04:18 PM
If i run two zr1000s together at a relatively high ohm load (4/8 ohm) would it work? Or would the xs100 work better for that application?
How much would it be for

1 zr 600
And two of either the zr1000 or xs100 if two of either those can be made to run at a higher ohm load without damaging the amp. If that can't be done. I'll take one zr1000

The warranty thing is completely understandable since it is an electronics item. I trust you and your work since i have seen you around for a long time

I'll PM you with the pricing.

Ge0
10-28-2008, 04:22 PM
How much would it be for

1 zr 600

The ZR1000 was designed to run at 2ohm stereo, 4 ohm mono. No problems there. The XS100 was made to run at 1 ohm stereo, 2 ohm mono. The only difference is in the power supply.

Yes, two ZR240's could be combined to give you a 4 channel.

Ge0

dragnix
10-28-2008, 04:35 PM
The ZR1000 was designed to run at 2ohm stereo, 4 ohm mono. No problems there. The XS100 was made to run at 1 ohm stereo, 2 ohm mono. The only difference is in the power supply.

Yes, two ZR240's could be combined to give you a 4 channel.

Ge0

let me get 2 xs100 then

etznova
10-28-2008, 04:58 PM
What type of power do you need? I.E. channel configuration...

Each board needs about 2.5" clearence from top to bottom. If you start stacking them inside a chassis you need to take that into account. However, if you have more width than depth available you could always stack them end to end vs. on top of each other.

Oh, speaking of length. The length varies by amp board model.

I can take exact measurements when I get home tonight, but, a ZR1000 is about 28 inches long. A ZR240 is about 12 inches long.

Ge0

well i'll for sure be running a 4" tang band and a set of sea's tweets my mid bass's are yet to be determined
I think a ZR 1000 and 2 Zr240 would be cool stack the 240's over the 1000 or just seperate how much for those three shipped to 61016

mjf
10-28-2008, 11:08 PM
how much do the xs100s put out @1ohm anyhow?

dragnix
10-28-2008, 11:13 PM
1000watts rated

dragnix
10-28-2008, 11:14 PM
edit: wrong thread, my bad

mjf
10-28-2008, 11:26 PM
just thinking about a 4 channel 1 ohm stable per channel.

dragnix
10-28-2008, 11:27 PM
that would be rather sick, do it

mjf
10-28-2008, 11:35 PM
that would be rather sick, do it

the only amp i could think of that can, is a rockford, but i think this would be a bit more ******.

Ge0
10-28-2008, 11:45 PM
how much do the xs100s put out @1ohm anyhow?

The XS100 is designed to deliver 1000W at 1 ohm. However, I do not recommend driving 1 ohm loads with Any of the ZR / XS series amps. They run hot as it is. Adding a lower impedance load could cause infant mortailty. Not to say its a bad design. I'm just saying perhaps a class D amp would be better to drive that sort of load.

Ge0

mjf
10-28-2008, 11:58 PM
aw no fun.

95ZJ
10-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I'd end up setting my car on fire if I put one together.

Ge0
10-29-2008, 12:28 AM
well i'll for sure be running a 4" tang band and a set of sea's tweets my mid bass's are yet to be determined
I think a ZR 1000 and 2 Zr240 would be cool stack the 240's over the 1000 or just seperate how much for those three shipped to 61016

PM'd

Ge0
10-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I'd end up setting my car on fire if I put one together.

But what would be the fun in not trying :).

dragnix
10-29-2008, 12:32 AM
But what would be the fun in not trying :).

I'm guessing keeping your car would be the fun part :p:

Ge0
10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
For those of you wondering where to get heat sinks:

http://www.aavidthermalloy.com/
http://www.wakefield.com/
http://www.mmmetals.com/index.html
Many more exist. These are just the ones I've used in the past.

There are 100's of options to choose from. I could help select a suitable heat sink based on what size and shape you want to make your amp.

Rule of thumb. For single board amp designs convection cooling is fine. Just select a heat sink with a large enough base block to drill and tap for fasteners and such. From there, make the fins and long and packed in as dense (high fin count) as you can to maximize thermal transfer. Think of OEM style CPU heat sinks. As a matter of fact, you could use these if you could find them cheap. Just stack them side by side until you get the final length you need.

If you are stacking boards under one chassis then forced air cooling is the way to go. Anyone ever see inside an old Xtant or Phoenix Gold amp? They got by with small heat sinks because they used fans to help cool them. For the ZR series of amps you'll need to bolt the heat sinks to a boxed section of aluminum (square piece that is hollow in the middle) that has some internal fins. Then, bolt a fan to one end. That's it.

mike45413
11-07-2008, 11:04 AM
i need that zr 1000 board and the zr360 board if u want to give me a call 330 506 8776 i will make sure u are happily compensated for the hook up i will send u a money order for the boards n shippin b for u even send n e thing thats how bad i need them my 1000 has 8 chips blown and my 360 needs new inputs but works fine just back feeds my highs a lil my name is mike by the way and if u need any stereo equipt. let me know i got a nice stockpile goin on ooo ill also throw in a lanzar opti 50 but has no case just hole board in tact tho probally will turn on asis never tried

Ge0
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
i need that zr 1000 board and the zr360 board if u want to give me a call 330 506 8776 i will make sure u are happily compensated for the hook up i will send u a money order for the boards n shippin b for u even send n e thing thats how bad i need them my 1000 has 8 chips blown and my 360 needs new inputs but works fine just back feeds my highs a lil my name is mike by the way and if u need any stereo equipt. let me know i got a nice stockpile goin on ooo ill also throw in a lanzar opti 50 but has no case just hole board in tact tho probally will turn on asis never tried

WTF???

Ge0
11-13-2008, 12:11 AM
If you are willing to wait, I will repair the boards for a reasonable markup...

Thank you for your patience Dragonix

Ge0

ngsm13
11-13-2008, 12:21 AM
PM me with what you have left.

I'd like to snatch up some for a project to play around with.

nG

Ge0
11-15-2008, 01:23 AM
PM me with what you have left.

I'd like to snatch up some for a project to play around with.

nG

Heh... I have everything from that era left except DX700's. Why don't you let me know what you want :).

Ge0

bandit_ta_77
11-25-2008, 11:34 PM
quick question, i dont know anything about boards or amp electronics for that matter. my zr600 powers up normally but has static output, it sounds horrible i thought it was the module but i bought a new one and have the same problem...just wondering what might be wrong and if its fixable?
getting some sort of feedback maybe?

ngsm13
11-25-2008, 11:56 PM
1000s? 4 channels? Monoblocks?

nG

Ge0
11-26-2008, 07:11 PM
quick question, i dont know anything about boards or amp electronics for that matter. my zr600 powers up normally but has static output, it sounds horrible i thought it was the module but i bought a new one and have the same problem...just wondering what might be wrong and if its fixable?
getting some sort of feedback maybe?

Sounds familiar. You'll need to reflow (remelt) the solder on the docking connector and the RCA input. These are stress points and often result in cracked solder joints.

Ge0

Ge0
11-26-2008, 07:14 PM
1000s? 4 channels? Monoblocks?

nG

I have plenty of ZR1000's, XS100's, XS50's, ZR600's left.

I have about 11 ZX460's left.

I may have a few DX700's but will have to do some digging.

I have a boat load of DX350's.

What are you looking for?

Ge0

bandit_ta_77
11-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Sounds familiar. You'll need to reflow (remelt) the solder on the docking connector and the RCA input. These are stress points and often result in cracked solder joints.

Ge0
If this doesnt fix it, what would you charge to fix one of your boards?

Ge0
11-29-2008, 12:37 AM
If this doesnt fix it, what would you charge to fix one of your boards?

Check your PM

Ge0

ThatChevyGuy
11-29-2008, 12:41 AM
so are the boards bad or is there a chance they would work?

Interested in a 1000.

Ge0
11-30-2008, 12:46 AM
so are the boards bad or is there a chance they would work?

Interested in a 1000.

Not bad at all. Typically takes about $20 in transistors to get them going again. A little bit of clean up if a transistor fried and spewed smoke on the board. If you have an idea what to do this will take you an afternoon to accomplish.

I would not sell a board that was damaged enough to be considered non-repairable.

Ge0

Ge0
12-16-2008, 11:07 PM
If you do not already own a ZR series amp that you can pull your old board out of and put one of these in, here is one set of plans to make your own chassis relatively cheap.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/gerbermultit00l/For%20sale/Kicker%20boards/scan0001.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/gerbermultit00l/For%20sale/Kicker%20boards/scan0002.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/gerbermultit00l/For%20sale/Kicker%20boards/scan0003.jpg

I'm sure some will have questions. Let the flood gates open!

dragnix
12-18-2008, 12:13 AM
in the picture that shows the bottom plate and top plate (2nd sketch), what point of view am i looking at? I cant' quite understand that picture

mjf
12-18-2008, 01:18 AM
wow detailed picture.

Ge0
12-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Different ways to hold transistors against heat sink

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Saga_MB-900/inside3.jpg
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/TRU_H-1_Hammer/inside4.jpg
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Xtant_2100b/inside3.jpg
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Xtant_202M/inside1.jpg
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Orion_SX2150/inside2.jpg
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Lanzar_OPTI_2050/inside4.jpg
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Hifonics_Zeus_VI/inside1.jpg
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Boss_Chaos_C1000/inside9.jpg

Ge0
12-19-2008, 10:37 PM
in the picture that shows the bottom plate and top plate (2nd sketch), what point of view am i looking at? I cant' quite understand that picture

It just shows how you can drill and tap the heat sink to bolt the top and bottom cover plates on. I omitted the PCB from that drawing to keep things clean looking. If I had left the PCB there you would be staring right at the end of it.

The end plates can be assembled to the heat sink the same way the top and bottom plates are shown in the drawing.

dan45hk
01-12-2009, 11:09 PM
PM sent

Ge0
01-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Got it, PM right back at you!

Spooney
01-18-2009, 12:56 AM
buy from this man people.I bought a zr240 board from him a year or so ago and was very happy with it.It was in excellent shape and shipped safely/fast

dan45hk
01-22-2009, 01:27 PM
PM #2 sent :D

Ge0
01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
buy from this man people.I bought a zr240 board from him a year or so ago and was very happy with it.It was in excellent shape and shipped safely/fast

Thanks.

Ge0
01-30-2009, 06:56 PM
PM #2 sent :D

I should have all your PM's covered right Dan?

I go out of town a lot on business. I try to get back to my messages at least every couple of days. Sorry for the delay.

orangelss
01-30-2009, 06:58 PM
how many 1000 boards do you have?

Ge0
02-08-2009, 11:40 AM
how many 1000 boards do you have?

OOPs, missed this one. I'd specualte 20+ ZR1000's left.

Ge0
08-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Just wanted to let you all know there are plenty of boards left of all varieties.

Ge0

gentlejax
11-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I need a ZR240 ....will anything else fit in that heatsink?? anyhow...get back to me..

N2O
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I have three ZR's(600, 360 and 240) in need or repair! If anyone has a working circuit board to repair my ZR's with, I would like to purchase it from you.....Marty