PDA

View Full Version : I have dimensions for single sub, I need a dual though, need help...

phocas
04-05-2003, 01:17 AM
Ok, I am going to jump in and take your suggestions and build my own box. I have a few questions. I have two ED K's and need a dual enclosure, here are the dimensions recommended for one:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/im/boxcuts/12%20rec%20sealed.jpg

I need to build a dual box, some suggestions for dimensions would be appreciated. I have all day tomorrow off to make this box and install two new amps and 2 pairs of new components.. :D
Thanks in advance..
I did a search and didnt find what i was looking for, It says i need one cubic foot for each sub..
-Matt

*edit*

Also where can i get the speakers plugs? I am assuming u just cut a small hole for them and glue them in..?

phocas
04-05-2003, 01:42 AM
So what i should do is double the length (20" to 40") and add another 3/4" divider like i would if i was building a second box..? I plan on waking up early and going to home depot and buying the wood.. Thanks for any input..

phocas
04-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Ok i think i have it since i am more awake now, I found a link in the search for tools so wish me luck and see you guys after home depot....

phocas
04-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Can someone tell me if i am correct with these dimensions?
I am going to go pick up a big a$$ piece of mdf from home depot and ill wait for someone to give me the go ahead to start cutting, thanks guys!
-Matt

http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&user=phocas&category=focus&file=subs.JPG

*edit*
Thanks Rangerman!! I just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything major.

phocas
04-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Got all the pieces cut, just working on putting them together after i cut the holes :D.

jbl_marshall21
04-06-2003, 01:28 AM
is he talking to himself?

HUDI
04-06-2003, 04:05 AM
double the lenght of it . then take the thickness of the wood ur using (AS U ONLY NEED 1 PEACE IN THE MIDLE).u should be right from there mate

phocas
04-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by jbl_marshall21
is he talking to himself?

Talking to myself and the guys who aimed me gets more results than idiots like you responding. Now here is a ball, go in the corner and bounce it. ;)
On another note, is that you in the picture marshall?

Thanks Hudi and to the 4 people that messaged me on aim :D.