PDA

View Full Version : About to purchase 690ub, please confirm

wa77ss
12-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm about to purchase a pioneer deh-p690ub (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069882_338834008,00.html) headunit and want to make sure this is the best product I can buy for the money.

These features are a must have -

usb/ipod support out of the box
sirius satellite radio support (with adapter obviously)
cd player (mp3's, wma, etc)
remote

I found it online for 205$ (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9008_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P690UB.html) + shipping

Couple questions as well, is there any certain support for external usb hard drives with this headunit (such as a wd passport 160g)?

I have never installed a head unit before, is this going to be difficult? I am going to put this unit into a '97 Cadillac seville sts

Which dash kit do I need for my car, and where can I buy it?

Lastly, will the new headunit improve the quality of the speakers which I have in my car (stock)?

Thanks soooo much for any help in advance, thanks guys!!! :)

Towncar
12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
You can buy kits online, or just go to your local car audio shop, or a bb or cc store near you.. If you have to ask where to get it, im not sure how well you will do on the installation side of things...

wa77ss
12-11-2007, 06:51 PM
You can buy kits online, or just go to your local car audio shop, or a bb or cc store near you.. If you have to ask where to get it, im not sure how well you will do on the installation side of things...

Well thanks for the benefit of the doubt:rolleyes: I actually already went to CC and priced out what I wanted, they are asking over 50$ an install kit, and with the radio, plus and sirious adapter they wanted 675$ for everything with install.

They have to order my dash kit, and I don't know of any trust worthy places for ordering a dash kit. This is why I asked. Thanks so much

VarsityBumper
12-17-2007, 03:46 AM
if you buy from sonicelectronix they send you a wiring harness and a dash kit.

Side Show
12-17-2007, 03:48 AM
fat32 is supported through the usb, and only supports upto 160 gig

adam71
12-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Overall I think you're purchasing a decent head unit. Good luck with the installation and compatibility.