PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic CQ-VD7003U or Valor ITS-702W

dilligaf241
12-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Looking at these two head units. Got a great price on both, around $350 but the panasonic needs a ipod cable bought separately though. anyone have an experience with either of these. the main reason i want one of these is for my ipod, so how is the ipod interface on them? need to know if either of these has adjustable EQ's too. looked at clarion and can't spend that much, don't want another pioneer cause the one i have now is the source of the annoying whine in my system. anyways, let me know what you think. thanks everyone.

dilligaf241
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
man, i was hoping that someone would be able to help me out.......

ebrunn
12-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I have the Panasonic and I am very happy with it.

MillzThaYungin
12-11-2007, 06:54 PM
i have the panasonic also and love it don't let the name fool u the SQ on the deck is great also

dilligaf241
12-11-2007, 09:15 PM
good that is what i hoped for, gonna order it tonight. are either of you able to play burned movies? i back up mine and can make a few for the car when i'm sitting waiting on my kids at music lessons. also how is the ipod interface on it?

Tonyguy
12-12-2007, 01:20 AM
go with the panasonic. Valor seems like garbage.

dilligaf241
12-12-2007, 01:34 AM
yeah i went with the panasonic. ordered it tonight and it's in the same state as me so i'm hoping to see it monday at the latest. think i will be pleased with it. got it and the ipod cable, since one of the big reasons i wanted it is to control my ipod. tonyguy, do you have one of these?

ebrunn
12-12-2007, 01:36 AM
yeah i went with the panasonic. ordered it tonight and it's in the same state as me so i'm hoping to see it monday at the latest. think i will be pleased with it. got it and the ipod cable, since one of the big reasons i wanted it is to control my ipod. tonyguy, do you have one of these?

Yeah, the iPod box works pretty fast on it.

dilligaf241
12-12-2007, 01:46 AM
cool, sounds like i'm gonna be really happy with this one then. i have the pioneer listed in my sig but gonna put that in my fiancee's car. i HATED the way the ipod worked on it. she doesn't use an ipod so she said to just put it in hers. is the bypass on these just a ground. i know better than to drive and watch a movie so please no flaming, but my girl may wanna watch something sometimes. also do these have any adjustment on the display from left to right, so i can angle the display more towards her side of the car.

Tonyguy
12-12-2007, 02:11 AM

what, the Valor or the Panasonic? I have neither, but I know the valor is garbage.

RipDaJacka
12-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Link to the Panasonic?? My homie has the Valor. its not bad, honestly, its alot better than My Jensen (imagine that).. But i wanna look at the Panasonic

dilligaf241
12-12-2007, 02:19 AM
sorry tonyguy, the panasonic was the one i meant. RDJ here ya go
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-CQ-VD7003U-Touch-Panel-Monitor-Receiver/dp/B000ENOT14/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1197440315&sr=8-1

ebrunn
12-12-2007, 02:58 AM
cool, sounds like i'm gonna be really happy with this one then. i have the pioneer listed in my sig but gonna put that in my fiancee's car. i HATED the way the ipod worked on it. she doesn't use an ipod so she said to just put it in hers. is the bypass on these just a ground. i know better than to drive and watch a movie so please no flaming, but my girl may wanna watch something sometimes. also do these have any adjustment on the display from left to right, so i can angle the display more towards her side of the car.

Yeah, you should like the unit. I had it for about 1 year now and it has severed me well. Problem is that I didnt use it to watch movies alot and so it really wasnt worth it to me. It is really nice with the iPod though. You get a nice multiline scrollable list to pick your music. My friend just got a brand new Pioneer 880PRS still in its sealed box, but dosent want it so I am trading my screen for it. I just want better SQ and better EQ and crossover controls.

dilligaf241
12-12-2007, 03:08 AM
i wanted a decent all around unit. one that could deal with ipods, video, have a fair eq (this one has a 7 band right?), and plenty of inputs/outputs. i almost got the valor but think that i made the right decision with the panasonic. this car is my play toy, so i wanted something different in it too, and you still don't see too many dvd units in my area.

dilligaf241
12-12-2007, 03:09 AM
yeah i figure i won't use the video much but my girl probably will. i wanted a decent all around HU that could handle video, ipod, plenty of inputs/outputs and a fair eq (this one is a 7band right?). think i will be pretty happy with it though.

dilligaf241
12-12-2007, 03:10 AM
sorry for the double post, puter hung up one the first one. guess it did go thru.

jmanpc
12-12-2007, 03:20 AM
lol my friend's senior quote was "dilligaf"

dilligaf241
12-12-2007, 03:22 AM
then i'm guessing you know what it means,,,, LOL

RipDaJacka
12-12-2007, 03:32 AM
sorry tonyguy, the panasonic was the one i meant. RDJ here ya go
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-CQ-VD7003U-Touch-Panel-Monitor-Receiver/dp/B000ENOT14/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1197440315&sr=8-1

wow, I havent been referred to as RDJ on over a year and that was a diff site, i think imma go back 2 the site.. and thanks

dilligaf241
12-12-2007, 03:41 AM
no prob, sorry i'm lazy,,,,, LOL

dilligaf241
12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
got the panasonic in today, installed it an very happy with it. got to do some fine tuning still though. all in all a great unit. and the bypass is easy on these, just ground the light green wire (parking brake).