PDA

View Full Version : Freakin' lousy Pioneer SMD/Pico Fuse!

Kriszilla
12-10-2007, 11:03 AM
So I'm finishing up the install last week. I'm putting two amps *into* the tailgate of my Jeep Liberty. I have a T10001BD for my sub, and I was going to use a Hifonics ZXi-4406 bridged for my Focal comps.

Well, while trying to hookup and set the gains for the ZXi, I noticed that while I was playing a 1KHz test tone, the voltage was jumping about 2-5 volts up & down. I dropped the gain and hooked up the comps to it for the first time. With the engine off, I was getting this horrible digital noise in the speakers that sounded like garbage. I thought the amp was blown.

So, I took it as an opportunity to pick up an amp to match my sub amp so I got in a Punch75 25-to-Life edition and hooked it up.

Same D a m n thing! So, I hopped on our trusty forum and found the posts about the pico fuse issue with the 880 and the fact that you can't hotswap the RCA's on these newer Pioneer decks. I tried grounding the RCA to the chassis, but I still get some noise.

So, for those that have had this issue, how long did it take you to get it repaired and how much did it cost?

snoopdan
12-10-2007, 11:09 AM
I sold my 880 because it pissed me off so much :(

Kriszilla
12-10-2007, 11:21 AM
You're not helping, Dan...:p:

Sigh... It's been a great deck for the last 14 months and I really like the features on it. On top of that, it was an anniversary present from my wife, although I think she bought it for me so that I would put my old Alpine 9835 in her Jeep.:D