PDA

View Full Version : question about MP3 interface

vehementSPL
12-09-2007, 03:39 PM
I know the alpines if you use IPOD is direct where you can access the menus from the head unit itself so you can tuck the ipod away and forget about it. I like that. Are there any other companies that are like this. I was pretty sure the rest didn't have direct control like the alpine. It for sure does NOT have to be the IPOD. if any of them will do a direct control feature like that on regular mp3's would even be better. i can buy a cheapie lol lol

Rage00
12-09-2007, 05:08 PM
i forget the model number but sony makes one too (CDXGT610UI). This one comes with the cable already attached to the unit. No need to buy additona parts. Not a bad unit, but not that great either.

Ipod being as being as it is pretty much all compaines are going to/went with the direct cable and not that stupid/slow box.

vehementSPL
12-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah but I know you can use aux in jack and that has no control from the radio. I like to be able to control it like you would a mp3. I thought alpine was the only one that could. and also is IPOD the only one this works with or does the interface work with ANY mp3 I just have never used it

Sunfire01
12-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Ipod being as being as it is pretty much all compaines are going to/went with the direct cable and not that stupid/slow box.

but not pioneer :rolleyes:

adam71
12-10-2007, 06:08 AM
I thought Pioneer did?? On their USB headunit.