PDA

View Full Version : anything else?

BassBoomer
04-04-2003, 01:19 AM
me and my friend were thinking today, and we were wondering if you could build a box out of something besides wood or fiber and plexiglass, and get the same or close results. if any one knows please tell?

My'97Ram
04-04-2003, 08:28 AM
they make a product called starboard. its sturdy as hell. its made out of some composite plastic, and it is marine grade. it comes in 1/4, 1/2. and 3/4. you can drill screws in it, and it wont split or splinter. i'm not too sure where to get it.. try home depot, also you can paint on it, or carpet it oh yeah, get the 3/4. the box will be heavy depending on the size

BassBoomer
04-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by My'97Ram
they make a product called starboard. its sturdy as hell. its made out of some composite plastic, and it is marine grade. it comes in 1/4, 1/2. and 3/4. you can drill screws in it, and it wont split or splinter. i'm not too sure where to get it.. try home depot, also you can paint on it, or carpet it oh yeah, get the 3/4. the box will be heavy depending on the size

i think i have heard of that but i thought it was expensive?
and we were wondering if u could build it out of like sheet metal or something like that but i told him it wasnt sturdy enough. am i right? because hes real good with sheet metal so hes wondering if he could build it out of that?

My'97Ram
04-07-2003, 08:05 AM
yeah its pricy, but you will have no luck trying to build it out of sheet metal