PDA

View Full Version : PG RSD tweeter

headbussaboi
12-07-2007, 09:25 PM
The crossover has a +2db switch on it right? I want to know, especially from those of you who already own the speakers, how bright is tweeter in the 0db position, and would you prefer to use the 0db or +2db position on the xover?

tcguy85
12-08-2007, 01:13 AM
they are not bright or harsh. i have mine pretty much on axis, well as close to on axis as i can tell. obviously putting them on axis would make then seem louder, especially up top. i have mine on the 0db setting. one thing i am curious about is what crossover point they use. i think the rsd tweeters sound very nice. i listen to rock and metal which is hard to get to sound loud but not harsh.

James Bang
12-08-2007, 04:35 AM
they are not bright or harsh. i have mine pretty much on axis, well as close to on axis as i can tell. obviously putting them on axis would make then seem louder, especially up top. i have mine on the 0db setting. one thing i am curious about is what crossover point they use. i think the rsd tweeters sound very nice. i listen to rock and metal which is hard to get to sound loud but not harsh.

i wouldn't exactly consider you tweets ON axis, according to your pics.

OP: best way to find out is to try all the alternatives to see which sounds best for your tastes.

tcguy85
12-08-2007, 08:09 AM
they are on axis now. from those angles in those pics and the way i had them angled before they were not on axis. now they are pretty much on axis. i'll try to take a pic from an angle that really shows it. but if i use a laser pointer to see where they are pointing they both end up aiming at my headrest.