PDA

View Full Version : What Ohm Load Will These Speakers Make?

bones justice
12-07-2007, 03:04 PM
i got a pair of beyma pro6MI 6.5" midbass speakers. its 150watts rms 4ohms. also a pair of beyma bullet tweeters which is 4ohms 50 watts rms. i wanna run these in the back dash. i have a four channel amp (Rockford). whats the best way to run it, bridge the amp to 2x225 @ 4ohms and run a tweeter and speaker to a channel. or run separately. what ohm load will these speakes make. help!!

mapolley07
12-07-2007, 03:10 PM
if you don't put a passive crossover on them bad boys you will not have to worry about ohm loads because you will destroy your speakers.

best bet is to bi-amp them if you have a 4ch amp, run the mids off of the rear channels and the tweets off the front channels, and adjust the gain to fit each driver's RMS rating

JimJ
12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
*shudders*

shortyg83
12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
if you don't put a passive crossover on them bad boys you will not have to worry about ohm loads because you will destroy your speakers.

best bet is to bi-amp them if you have a 4ch amp, run the mids off of the rear channels and the tweets off the front channels, and adjust the gain to fit each driver's RMS rating

this is correct just make sure to set a crossover somewhere or its gonna sound like trash

JimJ
12-07-2007, 03:16 PM
or its gonna sound like trash

If they're being mounted on the rear deck, it's a fair chance it's going to sound like trash anyway...

jmanpc
12-07-2007, 03:17 PM
yeah, find a passive crossover, and you'll be in business.