PDA

View Full Version : Sub Location

RiceWagon
04-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Just in the process of building my box for my HCCA 12D and I can't decide where to locate the woofer on the box. I have a Mazda Protege5 and the box will be 2.5 cu/ft ported tuned to 32Hz. Would this set-up sound better if I mounted the sub and port facing the back of the car into the hatch or should I put the the sub and port on the top facing the roof of the car? Any suggestions are glady welcome! Thanx.

Mark

evo2k3
04-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by RiceWagon
Just in the process of building my box for my HCCA 12D and I can't decide where to locate the woofer on the box. I have a Mazda Protege5 and the box will be 2.5 cu/ft ported tuned to 32Hz. Would this set-up sound better if I mounted the sub and port facing the back of the car into the hatch or should I put the the sub and port on the top facing the roof of the car? Any suggestions are glady welcome! Thanx.

Mark

will your box design differ if based on which way it is point? if not just play with it and see what you like best. if it does, I would build a small sealed enclosure for 15 buck or whatever and test it out with that -- what I am trying to say is its all about opinion-you opinion and your car, people face them all different dirrection and have good luck them them.