PDA

View Full Version : what would be louder a wall or this box

loudcartunez
12-06-2007, 10:54 AM
ok i have a 4 door gmc jimmy my box now is subs up port back tuned to about 39hz so my question is if i wall the two subs off (soundstream t4-15s) will it be louder than my current setup or about the same im doing a 144.2 now let me know thanks heres my box now http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd99/cartunez2004/stereo053.jpg

SeanDub
12-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Before you sacrifice all of your car to do a wall, I would make a better box that fires subs up, port back. More port area, rounded/resined corners, single port, maybe try some areos. There are plenty of ways to get loud without walling off. Try making a better box first.

What is the volume of that box and what is the port area anyway?

jellyfish420
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
yeah def try a better box first.
but you can get a wall louder, because you effectivly lower you cabin area by quite a bit.

jdawg
12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
yea man, I think your current port area is holding you back

GMCJimmyslt2000
12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
this is kinda off topic, but do u have any rubbing with those 22's. I wanna get some rims next season but dont no if i can fit 22's or not

loudcartunez
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Before you sacrifice all of your car to do a wall, I would make a better box that fires subs up, port back. More port area, rounded/resined corners, single port, maybe try some areos. There are plenty of ways to get loud without walling off. Try making a better box first.

What is the volume of that box and what is the port area anyway?

yea the ports are 5x5x5x5 and yes they are small that was my plan to make the same box wit more port and as far as a wall it wouldnt take any more space up but in height that box i have now takes up the hole trunk

loudcartunez
12-06-2007, 01:32 PM
this is kinda off topic, but do u have any rubbing with those 22's. I wanna get some rims next season but dont no if i can fit 22's or not

here and there its rare only on an turn wit an incline at slow speeds the truck is dropped 3''

15nissen
12-06-2007, 01:51 PM
its all in the install. To be honest that box looks like it *****, and that score on the meter proves it. With that much cone area i would expect nothing less then high 140's to a low 150 on the TL.

jellyfish420
12-06-2007, 04:09 PM
its all in the install. To be honest that box looks like it *****, and that score on the meter proves it. With that much cone area i would expect nothing less then high 140's to a low 150 on the TL.

x2 i used to have 2 soundstream 15's off 2000w and did 148 ported, and easily 150's w/ my wall.

loudcartunez
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM

yea the numbers are low but thats only wit a 1000 watt amp didnt test it yet wit my 2400 watt amp and the ports are small so when they are bigger will do a atleast a 148.0 like i did in my truck wit the same subs

JimJ
12-06-2007, 04:43 PM
You want to do a wall with rubber bands for tires...something tells me that's going to work out well :)

loudcartunez
12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
You want to do a wall with rubber bands for tires...something tells me that's going to work out well :)

what r u a jokester hahahahaahahahah funny **** u dumb ****

JimJ
12-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Lack of any maturity would be another reason why I don't think a wall's for you :)

Do they let you graduate high school with that vocabulary?

loudcartunez
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Lack of any maturity would be another reason why I don't think a wall's for you :)

Do they let you graduate high school with that vocabulary?

yea bro a wall ive done three of them so far this is my daily driver that my girl drives wit the baby so dont act like a hard *** bro

GSRswapandslow
12-06-2007, 04:58 PM
yea bro a wall ive done three of them so far this is my daily driver that my girl drives wit the baby so dont act like a hard *** bro

you sound like a complete tool

if this is your daily, and you have a kid....why not just buy somethign else to make loud....and have truck space for your daily driver

you seem to have some priority issues

JimJ
12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
This is just sounding more and more like a bad idea...

A child seat and a wall don't mix...even if it's legal to put a rear or front-facing seat in the passenger's side (which I'm not sure it is, anywhere, but I could be wrong about that), I'd never want to put my family in that kind of risk. I trust my installation skills, but if it were my family and anything happened to them, I couldn't live with any doubt. At all.

Save the walls for the trailer queens and vehicles that get driven only to shows.

loudcartunez
12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
you sound like a complete tool

if this is your daily, and you have a kid....why not just buy somethign else to make loud....and have truck space for your daily driver

you seem to have some priority issues

i already have 5 cars and trunk space for what i have a full back seat and prioritys are straight 24 years old and own all my **** house cars own business come on bro when u get the balls to stop being a computer thug get at me and stop postin on threads that u are not helping peolple cause i will have u kicked off this site

loudcartunez
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM
This is just sounding more and more like a bad idea...

A child seat and a wall don't mix...even if it's legal to put a rear or front-facing seat in the passenger's side (which I'm not sure it is, anywhere, but I could be wrong about that), I'd never want to put my family in that kind of risk. I trust my installation skills, but if it were my family and anything happened to them, I couldn't live with any doubt. At all.

Save the walls for the trailer queens and vehicles that get driven only to shows.

ur right bro but im leaving my back seat and i have a wall in my s10 and my girl hit a poll head on and the box didnt even more so im not to worried about that but good looking out

bimma85
12-06-2007, 05:35 PM
i already have 5 cars and trunk space for what i have a full back seat and prioritys are straight 24 years old and own all my **** house cars own business come on bro when u get the balls to stop being a computer thug get at me and stop postin on threads that u are not helping peolple cause i will have u kicked off this site

All Jim did was bring up a good point....you started the "ethuggin" you baller you.

iagrdshaka
12-06-2007, 05:37 PM
what r u a jokester hahahahaahahahah funny **** u dumb ****

:hilariou:

IamDeMan
12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
http://theresalduncan.typepad.com/witostaircase/images/big_weiner_with_bow_1.jpg

Eugenics
12-06-2007, 05:53 PM

You're lying. And dont go around insulting senior members.

GSRswapandslow
12-06-2007, 06:03 PM
i think he was insulting me, actually...

but dude, get a ****ing life. you're gonna have me kicked off this site for YOU being a ******* e-thug? right, good job, i see what you did there, winnar, o'rly, rofl, lmao, lolergasm, roflcopter, lolerskates, steamloler, adn all the other internet terms.

JimJ
12-06-2007, 07:46 PM
:hilariou:

Wow.

Kicked off the site...owning a business...I laughed.

Thrice.

SeanDub
12-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Pic of business card?

TheFiverMan
12-06-2007, 07:55 PM
better box..and i like that jimmy u have..

prochobo
12-06-2007, 07:56 PM
LOL @ ethug. Also LOL @ 6x9s on the right side of his box.

TPABlazer
12-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Get at me enterprises - poll construction

Johnny Drama
12-07-2007, 11:19 AM
loudcartunez ( mailto:[email protected] (http://us.f539.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=[email protected]&YY=37327&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b) ) has reported this post:Re: what would be louder a wall or this boxhttp://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3728639#post3728639 (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3728639#post3728639)This is part of this thread:what would be louder a wall or this boxhttp://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276087 (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276087)This is the reason that the user gave:people on this site are just flat out rude i wont be coming back here no more and will bring everyone i told about this site wit me u can thanks this lo lifes This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.Please respond to this post as applicable.

My reply...

You starting saying the rude things. You deserved to
be talked down to.

This site is not going to be hurting in anyway without
you...just the simple truth.

P.S. please learn how to use somewhat proper grammar
and sentence structure.

Thanks,
Justin aka jntar

Lakota
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
yea the ports are 5x5x5x5