PDA

View Full Version : XM or sirrus sugestions

jailhouseracer8
12-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Im getting a new alpine deck for x mas, not suew which model exactly, but all the alpines say you can use either xm, or sirrus. Any suggestions on a good xm car setup? ill prolly get one off e bay....thanks

billybrown66
12-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Well it kind of depends on what you listen to... I have Sirius and I love it, though a buddy of mine has XM and it seems to be pretty good. I've heard some say that Sirius has more depth as far as playlists, they have certainly have great variety with rock stations. I like classic vinyl, classic rewind, hard attack (heavy metal), first wave (new wave), left of center (indie), which are some of my favorites, two pretty good hip hop stations hip hop nation and shade 45, plus an old school hip hop station. Though I don't listen to those channels only, I flip around a lot. Plus they have some electronic, dance stations... all in all I'm sure XM has a similar lineup.

Then of course there is a ton of talk, including Howard Stern, comedy channels, new, sports radio, etc. The one thing I wish I had is MLB, which you can only get on XM. I love the NFL, but the MLB has a much longer season and baseball games are great to listen to on the radio, that's the worst part about Sirius, imho, but that's a minor complaint. I'd trade the NBA, nascar, college, even all the sports talk so I could have MLB and the NFL.

You can't go wrong with either, though I'd recommend Sirius simply because I've been really pleased with their service, I don't know as much about XM.

ABSOLUTEAUDIO
12-05-2007, 11:05 PM
I sell xm out of my shop, as for xm or sirius(it's up to you). The only thing i don't like about xm is no NFL. A must with both is go direct no ****** little box on your dash!

Trey803
12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Ive got Sirius and I love it. I have heard xm and I like Sirius better