PDA

View Full Version : Alright guys... I need help finding a set of mids.

XaznKewLguyX
12-04-2007, 03:49 AM
Pictures first...

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/chunghoang921/mids005.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/chunghoang921/mids008.jpg

Ok so in my door i mounted a MDF baffle on there and the opening in the door is only 4" in diameter. I had the rainbow mids in there and they just barely cleared. and the poly mids my gf bought me, the terminals do not clear so i cant get them to fit :(

I need help finding a set of 6.5" mids to go active with my rainbow tweets. the maget+terminals cant be any bigger then 4".

Now me and my friends are doing a secret santa thing so if you guys could suggest anything $150 under that would be awesome. that way i could put it on my SS list :)

James Bang
12-04-2007, 03:51 AM
i say you go and hack up your door with a jigsaw so you have much more room to work with :D

my bro use to run CX52s (5 1/4") and now he has 6.5" mach 5 MLi in his doors. pretty nice mids.

XaznKewLguyX
12-04-2007, 03:53 AM
i say you go and hack up your door with a jigsaw so you have much more room to work with :D

he use to run CX52s (5 1/4") and now he has 6.5" mach 5 MLi in his doors. pretty nice mids.

oh man if only it was that easy.. i would do it but i dont think ihave the right tools to cut through a piece of metal with a jigsaw. i probably wouldnt even know how to take the door off.

James Bang
12-04-2007, 04:05 AM
you can borrow my jigsaw. You'll just need some good metal cutting blades. My bro's doors ate up 3 of them. :crazy:

anyhow, those MLi-65 sound pretty nice. if they fit your doors you can listen to my brother's car if you're interested. the midbass is not bad, and his doors are not even treated.

XaznKewLguyX
12-04-2007, 04:14 AM
you can borrow my jigsaw. You'll just need some good metal cutting blades. My bro's doors ate up 3 of them. :crazy:

anyhow, those MLi-65 sound pretty nice. if they fit your doors you can listen to my brother's car if you're interested. the midbass is not bad, and his doors are not even treated.

they look like nice mids. i just looked them up and for $36.. thats pretty cheap too. do you have any idea how big the magnet + terminals are? maybe i can hammer like an inch of metal and bend it back to make them fit.

James Bang
12-04-2007, 04:22 AM
my camera was messed up we were installing them, so I don't have any pics or measurements. try to PM mrogowski. he should have the measurements.

James Bang
12-04-2007, 11:08 PM
decisions decisions.

XaznKewLguyX
12-04-2007, 11:10 PM
decisions decisions.

heh im gonna try to bend the metal tomorrow or just chop it off. hopefully get a 5-6" hole and get those mach5 mids :D

James Bang
12-07-2007, 12:21 AM
If you want to take a listen before you buy, i'm down

skydeaner
12-09-2007, 01:07 AM
get a set of tin snips and although it will be tough you can cut through the metal and then bend it. I am only suggesting because you dont seem confident with power tools, of course a reciprocating saw would be better.

XaznKewLguyX
12-09-2007, 02:31 AM
If you want to take a listen before you buy, i'm down

i'll take your word for it, i trust you know what good stuff sound like. and for $36 bucks that probably cant be beat. i think im gonna need your help tuning though if you could lend a helping hand to a needy fellow :)

get a set of tin snips and although it will be tough you can cut through the metal and then bend it. I am only suggesting because you dont seem confident with power tools, of course a reciprocating saw would be better.

i didnt have time this weekend it started to pour, but i will definitely look into it cause yeah.. im not that confident with using power tools..

Audio Master
12-09-2007, 02:57 AM
you could use an air saw thats probably the esiest way to cut holes in metal as long as you have a air compresser but its firly eisy i did it my first time and it worked well opened the hole enogh for me to use 6" mids and it sounds soooooo much better than fours would have except if i had of used a set of 6"kicks and 4" mids with a 1.5" tweet but i dident