PDA

View Full Version : Paints/bedliner?

bopo668
12-04-2007, 12:48 AM
ok so i want to paint my box or something of that sort no carpet.im looking for that 3d rough look like bedliner and durable i throw tools in the back. but i have hear it is hard to get to stick.what kinda paints are out there that work well and have the rough look.iv read something like fleckstone,speckle paint what will

Flipx99
12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
fleckstone works pretty well.

The problem I had with spray-on bedliner from an aresol can is that it peels off.

helotaxi
12-04-2007, 10:53 AM
If you paint it yourself, it's not very easy to get good results with bedliner. A good automotive primer will help. The pro shops can get the good stuff to stick and it will last forever. I've used high build automotive primer followed with Krylon hammered finish paint with good results.

Immacomputer
12-04-2007, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't use fleckstone if you need it to be durable. I have found fleckstone to be very fragile, even with a good clear coat on it.

You might want to try taking it to a shop that does Line-X bed liner sprays. They won't charge too much for it and it should be very durable.

td5turbo
12-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I used Duplicolor roll on bead liner. It rolls pretty thin but I put like 3-4 coats on and it looks nice. It seems pretty strong (sanded the MDF with 80 sandpaper off an orbital sander). I was going to prime it but some test runs led me too believe that it was strong enough just on the paint.

But I cannot comment on how its held up due to just doing this about last week and not having time to install it or anything. I will for sure update my review when I get it installed and some time running the box.

But one thing you have to remember, its hard to get it to be as textured as a spray on bedliner (like Rino-Liner)...thats not to say it isnt textured, it just does have HUGE bumps.