PDA

View Full Version : box specs for 00-05 monte carlo

Exploder 97
12-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I was wondering if any one has built a box for a newer monte carlo, i just want the specs, ill buy them off you. The box from my explorer is way to big to fit in my monte so now i have a box thats only 1cu. a piece. but id like to have one for around 2 cu. a piece. the trunk opening is really weird. lmk

Exploder 97
12-04-2007, 01:06 AM
No one in here has a newer monte carlo? wtf someone has to be able to hook me up,,

RipDaJacka
12-04-2007, 01:14 AM
i have a monte

Exploder 97
12-04-2007, 01:28 AM
how did you get a big box in there... I built one off of moe lesters box plans and the measurements i took in the trunk matched to the ones of the box but when i went to put it in the box had to go in at to much of an angle and it didnt fit... what measurements are you using?

RipDaJacka
12-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Exploder 97.. I take it you Had a 1997 Explorer?? I sold my 97 explorer and got my Monte

Mycbox was built into the trunk.. I think... I didnt build it.. although I am capable of it, I didnt have the tools, or time so JLFX did it for me...he did 1 hell of a job for 1 helluva price..thats my setup in my Avatar.. my drivers side Half seat is up in that pic, but there is a 100sq in port behind that seat

How did you get to the rear 6x9's? I fooled with my car for an hour or better and couldnt get to em

Exploder 97
12-04-2007, 01:47 AM
You have to take the black upper plastic bar behind the rear seat off, then just pop the speaker grills off, then twist and pull the carpet out... yea i had a 97 before the monte, i love my monte now.. do you know how to get the rear seat to flip up to hide the amps under it?

RipDaJacka
12-05-2007, 03:59 AM
the rear seat just pulls out.. well mine does anyways.. I took my rear seat out when i ran all my wiring.. you have to give it a firm tug and it should just pop out.. I really wouldnt put my amp under there for heat issues, i like my amp to have air flow.. and the seat will just pop dack down into place when done.. I didnt have to un-do screws or anything in mine

I dont miss the Gas milage in my Exp.. but I do miss the 20's I had on it and all my space, I had Billet grills, Clear corners, and alotta TLC into it.. but wouldnt trade my Monte for 6 of em