PDA

View Full Version : liquid nails

riddla
12-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Can I use this as a sealer inside the box along all the seams please instead of sealant. Just asking because I have a tub here ?

hatemonger
12-02-2007, 11:21 AM
yes

riddla
12-02-2007, 11:22 AM
ok cool

PV Audio
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Oh my ****ing god.

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Liquid nails ***** :fyi:

x2o
12-02-2007, 02:47 PM
oh no, not another liquid nails argument!

here we go again:crap:

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
oh no, not another liquid nails argument!

here we go again:crap:

No point in telling epople to use it when there's better stuff out there...

miker
12-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Wow, you are ****ing stupid...

He is asking IF liquid nails will work to seal all the edges, BECAUSE he ALREADY HAS A BOTTLE sitting at home, and doesn't want to go buy something else...

azbass
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
omg use wood glue you nooob!!!1

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow, you are ****ing stupid...

He is asking IF liquid nails will work to seal all the edges, BECAUSE he ALREADY HAS A BOTTLE sitting at home, and doesn't want to go buy something else...
You should work on your anger management.

I know what he was asking, I was merely stating that liquid nails ***** compared to other types of adhesives.

Run along, child.

photocrazy8
12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
titebond molding and trim glue...

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 03:16 PM
titebond molding and trim glue...

Industrial grade subfloor adhesive...it can bond to wet/iced wood :cool:

photocrazy8
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Industrial grade subfloor adhesive...it can bond to wet/iced wood :cool:

now thats what im talkin about right there, too bad i dont build my boxes in the rain :/

hatemonger
12-02-2007, 03:22 PM

I know what he was asking, I was merely stating that liquid nails ***** compared to other types of adhesives.

Run along, child.

i had assumed his box was already built and he was just using the liquid nails he already has as most of us would probably use silicone.

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 03:26 PM
i had assumed his box was already built and he was just using the liquid nails he already has as most of us would probably use silicone.

I use whatever I can get my hands on. Normally I line the inside seams with the subfloor ahdesive as well since I've already got it in the gun.

miker
12-02-2007, 03:27 PM

Run along, child.

Child? lol.. Seems like I can at least comprehend what people type..

His box is already put together.. He's not using it as an adhesive...

People calling other people "noobs" and "*******'s" for stupid little things that don't even effect you, is irritating me... He is simply asking "will it seal?". the answer is YES it will.

azbass
12-02-2007, 03:29 PM
cement

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 03:29 PM
now thats what im talkin about right there, too bad i dont build my boxes in the rain :/

But something that can bond to wet wood with ease...imagine how good that bond is going to be when dry. I can't even come close to manually breaking the bond...can't say the same with liquid nails.

I've tried prying off a baffle, and the MDF breaks and splits befor I can get any kind of separation.

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 03:32 PM
He is simply asking "will it seal?". the answer is YES it will.

Really? Hmmmm....I didn't know that. :rolleyes:

Regardless of what he was asking(which had already been answered), I simply added that liquid nails was no the best adnesive to use, since more than likely he used it on his box as well...maybe he'll trying something new in the future and realize that I'm right.

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Child?

Yes, child...have you already had your homecoming dance this year? Better not stay out too late, don't want mommy and daddy to get upset and ground you....how does it feel to just start driving?

photocrazy8
12-02-2007, 03:38 PM
But something that can bond to wet wood with ease...imagine how good that bond is going to be when dry. I can't even come close to manually breaking the bond...can't say the same with liquid nails.

I've tried prying off a baffle, and the MDF breaks and splits befor I can get any kind of separation.

yea, same with the glue i use, its ment for dense and porus material, whats the cost of that stuff u got?

MyFartsStink
12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
No point in telling epople to use it when there's better stuff out there...

true

hatemonger
12-02-2007, 03:42 PM
yea, same with the glue i use, its ment for dense and porus material, whats the cost of that stuff u got?

i used gorilla glue. same thing. holds really well. i'll never use it again because of the "ugly" factor, but it holds extremely strong.

riddla
12-02-2007, 03:51 PM
WHAT AN ARGUMENT THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE LOL.

Ok just to clarify, Ive used wood glue & screw for the build & just wanted to know originally if liquid nails can be used for the seams to seal the inside of the box, mixed reviews here tho

hatemonger
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
WHAT AN ARGUMENT THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE LOL.

Ok just to clarify, Ive used wood glue & screw for the build & just wanted to know originally if liquid nails can be used for the seams to seal the inside of the box, mixed reviews here tho

it's fine. not ideal, but it'll work just fine. i personally use silicone. liquid nails will seal it good enough.

Towlieee
12-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Liquid nails is perfectly fine for sealing the corners.. If you have it use it. If your purchasing something else, then listen to these guys haha

Yes, child...have you already had your homecoming dance this year? Better not stay out too late, don't want mommy and daddy to get upset and ground you....how does it feel to just start driving?

wow hold on there pinky

No reason to start talking **** on someone just because of there age...

Does it make you feel better, that YOU the ADULT the one that should be MATURE talked **** on a kid online?

riddla
12-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Ok thanx guys, Excellent forum

miker
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Liquid nails is perfectly fine for sealing the corners.. If you have it use it. If your purchasing something else, then listen to these guys haha

wow hold on there pinky

No reason to start talking **** on someone just because of there age...

Does it make you feel better, that YOU the ADULT the one that should be MATURE talked **** on a kid online?

Yup, what he said. Also, did somebody not have a homecoming date?

The one pint you are all missing, is that nobody is TELLING him to use liquid nails for a sealant... Just telling him that it will work...

lilmaniac2
12-02-2007, 04:41 PM
If you have the liquid nails sealant then yes you can. If you have the liquid nails adhesive then no. Go buy a 3 dollar tube of silicone if you want, i normally just use wood glue to "seal" the interior with

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 05:57 PM
whats the cost of that stuff u got?

I get it for free...construction job sites FTW. I come across some butyl based weather sealant that's used around outside windows and doors, too. Comes in 9-10in wide rolls of 50ft. It's kinda thin stuff but putting 2-3 layers will do a **** good job...and it's free :D

RAM_Designs
12-02-2007, 05:58 PM

Yes, it does. Especially when the other person talks **** first...it's be different if it were unprovoked...

audioarsonal
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't know why peolpe keep asking about liquid nails.Its like the hedious bastard child of the box building world.No one wants anything to do with it!Can you use it to build boxes yes will it seal yes.But if your building a box with any liquid nails product please don't ask if it's alright cause everyone knows it's NOT!