PDA

View Full Version : White noise on tweeters..........help!

TheEricHarris
11-29-2007, 11:50 PM
First post, so be gentle...

My setup:

AVIC-D3

JBL GTO607C components in front
JBL GTO627 two-ways in rear
Alpine MRP-F250 (50w rms 2ohm) to the speakers

Alpine SWR-1022D 10" sub
Alpine MRP-M650 (400w rms) to the sub

I'm getting white noise in my tweeters (light static). Get it when volume goes above 8 on the AVIC-D3. It's not loud loud but you definitely hear it when nothing is playing. The gain for the speakers on the MRP-F250 is right in the middle. When I unplug the RCA cables from the amp, no noise. I haven't yanked the HU out yet so I can't test the other way. If I mess with the staging on the AVIC-D3, the noise gets louder.

So a few questions..

1) The crossovers have a jumper that can be either 0db or 3db. I have them set at 3db. Would this be an issue? I'm not sure what is better, any insight?
2) The amp has a switch for LPF, HPF, or OFF. Should I have this set on HPF? The AVIC-D3 also has a HPF on or off setting on it. What is ideal here with my components and rear 2ways?

Thanks for any tips from some experts :)

Trey803
11-29-2007, 11:52 PM
expert opinion........probably rca's and the reason you dont notice it before 8 is b/c its too faint to hear

TheEricHarris
11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
So pull HU, run another set of RCA cables outside the car from HU to the amp and see if the noise is there?

Ok, I'll do that hopefully tonight if I get a chance. ****, I wish I heard this last week before I buttoned up everything! LOL.

whizdumb
11-30-2007, 03:28 AM
1. Crossover jumper shouldn't have any effect, it's just how loud you want the tweeters. Regular volume or 3 dB louder.

2. Yes, HPF is what you want. Depending on how loud you listen to your music (the more you turn it up, the higher you should make your High Pass Filter so that your speakers don't distort), somewhere in the 60-80 range should probably be fine.

Yeah sounds like a bad set of RCAs..... could possibly be a ground issue also, but since it doesn't happen before 8, probably not.

SRim23
11-30-2007, 03:35 AM
So pull HU, run another set of RCA cables outside the car from HU to the amp and see if the noise is there?

Ok, I'll do that hopefully tonight if I get a chance. ****, I wish I heard this last week before I buttoned up everything! LOL.

am i reading this right? you DO NOT run rca's outside the car.......just gotta make sure they arent ran very close to your power wire.... again keep the rca's inside the vehicle....

ebrunn
11-30-2007, 04:07 AM
am i reading this right? you DO NOT run rca's outside the car.......just gotta make sure they arent ran very close to your power wire.... again keep the rca's inside the vehicle....

He's just trying to narrow down the source of his noise. He's doing it just for test purposes.